Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Travel

4" of plushness...in the front and rear. The Manitou S shock performs better than the Fox IMO, it seems to be smoother on the small stuff.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
That is unequivocally the worst bike ever made. Send it to me so I may dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
mintbiker said:
You Aussies can't handle the SPARKLE MOTION!!!!!

Drink some Fosters and get over it!

Mojito

:thumbsup:
I see the commitment to the Sparkle, but question your commitment to the MOTION.

Actually I felt a commitment to the MOTION the last time I drank Fosters, but it was on an aeroplane, and I was a long way from the restroom.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
durkind said:
Metallic Burnt Orange maybe? I am looking for some variation of a ight brown/copper/rust metallic something or other for my new project.

Looks Great!
It's a House of Kolor code. It is Apricot with Flake. The color code is F-19 Apricot, over a BC25 Base. It turned out really nice!

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Fosters!!??

Thylacine said:
I see the commitment to the Sparkle, but question your commitment to the MOTION.

Actually I felt a commitment to the MOTION the last time I drank Fosters, but it was on an aeroplane, and I was a long way from the restroom.
I thought it was a crime punishable by severe beatings in your country if a colonist actually drank a Fosters.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
freebiker said:
Seat tube is?
top tube is?
down tube is?
Sorry....

Head tube is S3
Top tube is S3
Down tube is OX Platinum
Seat tube is OX Platinum
Paragon BB Shell
Ventana supplied suspension parts kit....we could have done things to make it lighter....

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
sounds good, nice mix, beautiful bike, whats your thoughts on warranty with s3, i have heard it is hard to miter that stuff, as long as you can miter it well, is it just as strong as other steel alloys once it is welded up?

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
freebiker said:
sounds good, nice mix, beautiful bike, whats your thoughts on warranty with s3, i have heard it is hard to miter that stuff, as long as you can miter it well, is it just as strong as other steel alloys once it is welded up?
Yeah the mix is perfect. I would hesitate at going much lighter on the tubes...but we could certainly take some weight of the fittings. And yes S3 is harder than titanium to miter, but once you have the right tools and a solid mitering set up it is not too bad. These tubes are also round so it gives us the ability to put higher clamping forces around the entire tube, as opposed to the shaped S3 tubes where we only get a small contact patch. It is going to last fine in terms of durability, I have been building with S3 ever since it came out almost 4-5 years ago. I am still riding my first S3 frame I ever built and it is still solid....and so am I....I got heavier due to beer and framebuilding zapping my ride schedule, and the bike still sings! Strength is great on the tubes as well. We have built some 50+ S3 frames and have had only one failure....and that was questionable....the guy broke three wheelsets, one fork, and backed it into a wall while the bike was on a rear vehicle rack...somehow I think it would have been fine without the wall incident. The tubeset has its limitations, but what cutting edge material doesn't have limits?

Mojito

·
In FTF We Trust
1,815 Posts
Pretty tidy, I think that there's more bikes out there with Ventana 29er rear ends than Ventana makes themselves in a year. Good choice on suspension none the less. I really like the paint, not sure why more builders don't go ape with crazy paint.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
mintbiker said:
Yeah the mix is perfect. I would hesitate at going much lighter on the tubes...but we could certainly take some weight of the fittings. And yes S3 is harder than titanium to miter, but once you have the right tools and a solid mitering set up it is not too bad. These tubes are also round so it gives us the ability to put higher clamping forces around the entire tube, as opposed to the shaped S3 tubes where we only get a small contact patch. It is going to last fine in terms of durability, I have been building with S3 ever since it came out almost 4-5 years ago. I am still riding my first S3 frame I ever built and it is still solid....and so am I....I got heavier due to beer and framebuilding zapping my ride schedule, and the bike still sings! Strength is great on the tubes as well. We have built some 50+ S3 frames and have had only one failure....and that was questionable....the guy broke three wheelsets, one fork, and backed it into a wall while the bike was on a rear vehicle rack...somehow I think it would have been fine without the wall incident. The tubeset has its limitations, but what cutting edge material doesn't have limits?

Mojito
Sounds good, It seems plenty light to me, any chance on demo-ing? Never ridden a fully with a light steel front end. I ride a L/19ish bike.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
freebiker said:
Sounds good, It seems plenty light to me, any chance on demo-ing? Never ridden a fully with a light steel front end. I ride a L/19ish bike.
ANY CHANCE OF DEMOING!!!!??????

Open invitation to anyone who wants to demo a Mint frame....I have Large and Medium demos here in the Tempe/Phoenix area...and South Mountain....and plenty of other trails for you to try our goods out on. We want your input and for you to see what we can offer in the 29er realm. Drop us a line!

Medium Hard Tail 29er
Large Hard Tail 29er
Large Ventana 29er 4" Full Suspension

29 any where any time.....

Mojito

www.mintcycles.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.