1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,
Some pictures about a new 29er steel frame from France. :thumbsup:
It's the SOBRE Dad frame.
SOBRE is a young french builder (conception) of steel and titanium mtb frames (and forks too).
This one come from the same factory than Niner steel frame, so an approved know-how.
Size L for this one.

What do you think about it? (first mass production steel frame in France)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gravedoja said:
I like it, what prices are they asking?
also, ebb?
(Thanks a lot for your attention about it)
Sorry for the picture, we don't have a great light here :rolleyes:
Perhaps this one

It's a matte black finition frame only. With a corrosion-resistant treatment inner tubes (&outside too off course)
The price is 389€
And sorry i don't know what is the ebb :confused: :confused:
(Thanks a lot for your attention about it)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tchivalo said:
ebb = excentric bottom bracket
Glad to know that Sobre is releasing a 29'er hope to see more European brands doing the same (Charge, Cotic,...)
Ok, thanks for "ebb"! :) So no ebb but replaceable derailleur hanger. The frame is buid with Reynolds 520 tubes (main tubes), lighter than a KM Surly for exemple.
Chainstay length 44.3

Did you know Sobre before my post???

·
Registered
128 Posts
GoldenG said:
Hi there,
Some pictures about a new 29er steel frame from France. :thumbsup:
It's the SOBRE Dad frame.
SOBRE is a young french builder (conception) of steel and titanium mtb frames (and forks too).
This one come from the same factory than Niner steel frame, so an approved know-how.
Size L for this one.

What do you think about it? (first mass production steel frame in France)
It appears to me that Europe seems to be jumping on board with the 29ers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bicycleexpress said:
It appears to me that Europe seems to be jumping on board with the 29ers.
Yeah, slowly, we are a few to ride on 29er (in France i say,.... The Northern Europe, Switzerland, Germany are truly bike countries, i think.)
In our country, the sellers don't believe much in this "new standard" (about a business point of view i speak),
But young builders grow up, as Skyde and Altira (titanium frames) for exemple. Vagabonde too. Do you know Vagabonde bikes? Great steel frames fully made in France. As JRD, if you don't know JRD (Julie Racing Design), you will see beautiful good-design made in France steel frame.
And Sobre is the younger brand than the others, but there are the first to produce a masse-production 29er steel frame in our country. The others make customized frames (made-to-measure), more expensive.

:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
GoldenG said:
Yeah, slowly, we are a few to ride on 29er (in France i say,.... The Northern Europe, Switzerland, Germany are truly bike countries, i think.)
In our country, the sellers don't believe much in this "new standard" (about a business point of view i speak),
But young builders grow up, as Skyde and Altira (titanium frames) for exemple. Vagabonde too. Do you know Vagabonde bikes? Great steel frames fully made in France. As JRD, if you don't know JRD (Julie Racing Design), you will see beautiful good-design made in France steel frame.
And Sobre is the younger brand than the others, but there are the first to produce a masse-production 29er steel frame in our country. The others make customized frames (made-to-measure), more expensive.

:)
Yes, Chris from Julie Racing Design is a real artist (I love his designs and paintwork). Did he finish that steel softail 29er he's been building ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi,
i don't know about the tyre clearance, mine are 2.25 before the Michelin.
About the pics, the first is near to Montpellier, between Béziers and St-Chinian, wine kingdom!
- The panorama was taken on the top of the St-Etienne Chapel, close to S-Chinian too;
- The Gothic church belongs to the St-Felix de Montceau roman abbey, near to Montpellier. It's a spectacular place lost in the scubland.
- The last pic was shot on the beach between Les Aresquiers and Villeneuve les Maguelone (Abbaye de Maguelone).

Here we have a lot of beautiful ruins everywhere

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.