Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen. Updating the Offering before the Insurgent or Calling seems to nail that down for me.

·
Registered
765 Posts
If something was upcoming in 27.5 I think they would drop hints on their instagram or Facebook page like they did with the latest iterations of the Following, Wreckoning and Offering, or maybe their rider's social media but I'm just speculating.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If something was upcoming in 27.5 I think they would drop hints on their instagram of Facebook page like they did with the latest iterations or the Following, Wreckoning and Offering, or maybe their riders social media but I'm just speculating.
Give it time, promise 😉

·
Registered
5 Posts
very interesting. Since it's impossible to get a wreckoning, I wonder if this will be a good alternative. When you say LT... are we talking wreckoning territory, 166mm or so?

·
aabassi117
12 Posts
Interesting. Head angle is pretty similar but damn they sure steepened up the seat tube. I just picked up a used V1 Insurgent so interested to see how this will compare.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Of course, NOW they do this after waiting for years and now have a Wreckoning supposed to ship sometime soon. This bike will be so fun.

·
aabassi117
12 Posts
Of course, NOW they do this after waiting for years and now have a Wreckoning supposed to ship sometime soon. This bike will be so fun.
Yeah. I’m not sure if it’s really a good successor to the last Insurgent though. Bumping up travel in rear from 150 to 167...more of a super enduro bike whereas Insurgent V1 was more all mountain bike. As a current V1 rider, I don’t think I’d consider this if I was in the market for a new bike :-/.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah. I’m not sure if it’s really a good successor to the last Insurgent though. Bumping up travel in rear from 150 to 167...more of a super enduro bike whereas Insurgent V1 was more all mountain bike. As a current V1 rider, I don’t think I’d consider this if I was in the market for a new bike :-/.
I agree with your thinking. For years I've thought that if they updated the Insurgent I would buy it site unseen. I loved the first one other than the STA that made it really difficult for someone with long legs on steep techy climbs - at least for me - and even then I've almost bought it a couple of times. This is less of an updated Insurgent than a new bike with the same model name. 150 -> 167 is a different class of bike. Makes me think that if they updated the Calling it would be perfect for me, but I just don't see that happening. My bet is that they see the trail market as 29 primarily and not worth their bandwidth to put out a 27.5. Hence, the long travel Insurgent.

·
aabassi117
12 Posts
I agree with your thinking. For years I've thought that if they updated the Insurgent I would buy it site unseen. I loved the first one other than the STA that made it really difficult for someone with long legs on steep techy climbs - at least for me - and even then I've almost bought it a couple of times. This is less of an updated Insurgent than a new bike with the same model name. 150 -> 167 is a different class of bike. Makes me think that if they updated the Calling it would be perfect for me, but I just don't see that happening. My bet is that they see the trail market as 29 primarily and not worth their bandwidth to put out a 27.5. Hence, the long travel Insurgent.
Yeah. If anything they could have just left the head tube angle the same or similar to the V1 and maybe just steepened up the seat tube. Otherwise I think it's spot on. Echo your sentiments; hopefully the Calling gets updated soon, or Evil finds a way to fill what I'd describe as a huge gap in their 27.5 lineup.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah. If anything they could have just left the head tube angle the same or similar to the V1 and maybe just steepened up the seat tube. Otherwise I think it's spot on. Echo your sentiments; hopefully the Calling gets updated soon, or Evil finds a way to fill what I'd describe as a huge gap in their 27.5 lineup.
Yep, they did what I was hoping they wouldn't, add a bunch of travel. Though with this move, it really doesn't make sense to have it as their only 27.5 bike, so I guess I'll wait to see if/when the Calling gets an update. Or maybe a bunch of Insurgent LB fames flood Pinkbike and one of those finds its way to me as I wait and see what happens. I was even waiting to see what the new Bronson looked like, and I have no interest in a mullet only, so that's out. Back to saving and waiting.

·
aabassi117
12 Posts
Yep, they did what I was hoping they wouldn't, add a bunch of travel. Though with this move, it really doesn't make sense to have it as their only 27.5 bike, so I guess I'll wait to see if/when the Calling gets an update. Or maybe a bunch of Insurgent LB fames flood Pinkbike and one of those finds its way to me as I wait and see what happens. I was even waiting to see what the new Bronson looked like, and I have no interest in a mullet only, so that's out. Back to saving and waiting.
:-(. That sucks. Yeah new Bronson...idk I'm not convinced with the MX trend. Not to mention the price! 3700 for just the frame is just stupidly insane. Anyways, hopefully the Calling at the least gets an update. For what it's worth, I recently picked up my Insurgent V1. Was a 2015 built from frame up and well maintained. First owner worked for Fox for over 10 years. Didn't see enough of a difference between Insurgent and LB to justify it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, not the same bike. And the inclusion of an angel set right off the bat seems odd. If they were intending the bike to have that angle, why not just make it with that HA to start with? While I find it confusing, I'm sure it works well. I have yet to ride an Evil I didn't really like. For something with this much travel, I'll just stick with the Wreck. This mullet trend just seems like the slow death throws of 27 to me, which is a bummer.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Just noticed the Calling is now gone from the website as well. That's either good or bad, I'm hoping for good...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts