1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this over in the XC forum
New news??

24 hour race in Conyers Georgia May 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Pals & Gals, hot off the press!
Contracts have JUST been signed!
It gives me great pleasure to announce,
Granny Gear productions will be hosting a 24-hour race at the Conyers Olympic Horse Park May 20-21 2006.
Same great location, same great course with a few new added twists & turns to make the course an even 10 miles.

Look forward to seeing you all in May!

·
Want to vent?
654 Posts
I hope so, adding my comment here so i can get the update, if somebody replies on this

however somebody just asked if 24HOA was going out of business in a new thread.....

And this is gonna pizz somebody off cause 12 hours of tsali is scheduled for the same weekend i believe...and AMBC stumpjump xc race in spartanburg......major scheduling cluster-fudge

-Boz

·
Registered
145 Posts
Granny Gear 24 hours of conyers

Yep, it is true. And by the way, races happen every week end somewhere. No way to schedule around everything. Also venues are booked for certain week ends as well. Do the ones you like. After a while someone will change or go out of business. Quality races will rise to the top, posers will sink to the bottom. GG will make conyers the moab of the east. Wish I'd done that. 24HOA, well I think folks in the south know the truth. You guys in Canada, don't worry. Someone that knows where the money comes from will step up, and make it better.

·
Category Winner
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still not thrilled

While Granny Gear offers more for the money (like an actual purse for solo) I still find it a bit steep. 24 HOA was 275 for solo and GG is $330. Since I am only doing 1-2 24 hour races a year now I probably stick with the bargain (yet still high quality races) around here. I also wonder if they will extend the course somehow. Eight miles is a little short for GG course.

Schedule overlap? Yeah, there is always something going on, but man May is always packed. The Burn, The PMBAR, The 12 hrs of Tsali, Stump Jump... this is gotta slow down business for GG somehow. 24 HOA had it placed at a time when it was about the only thing to do, and now the race is smack in the middle of a mess of races. They gotta have racers to have a race so for this to turn into the Moab of the South the date may need to move eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.