Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, YT is dragging feet. Looking at the Levo Expert Vs. Eat crow and wait more for Decoy CF Pro. The Decoy has better componentry, but i believe the Specialized may offer better motor and tech. The specialized has the better 700w battery. If pricing was close, which one would you chose? If I go Levo, I will throw my DT carbon wheels on it.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
So, YT is dragging feet. Looking at the Levo Expert Vs. Eat crow and wait more for Decoy CF Pro. The Decoy has better componentry, but i believe the Specialized may offer better motor and tech. The specialized has the better 700w battery. If pricing was close, which one would you chose? If I go Levo, I will throw my DT carbon wheels on it.
Decoy. I'm built with long legs and shorter upper body; the 611 mm ett in large is perfect for me; l found the Levo slightly too long but I'd fit with a cut-down riser bar to bring the handlebars closer.

For stability and steering feel I also like the Decoy; 44mm fork offset instead of 51mm plus a slightly slacker head angle means more trail.

But I know that there is a Levo Expert sitting in the shop 12 miles from my house because I've ridden it; that plus the bigger battery (not just a suggestion that one might be available in the future) might tip the balance in favor of the Levo.

If both bikes were sitting in front of me and I had a wad of cash in my hand I would ride away on the Decoy.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good points. They Levo with the 700w Battery will also be a few pounds lighter. I would lose fork and shock spec and di2 if I went Levo. Tough decisions! I would gain instant dealer support for 2yrs. Also, maybe YT will go thru some teething?

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
Unfortunately there’s no comparison. The YT Pro race has way better suspension, more travel, just about all the components are better. Remember the YT has the new battery tech that’s supposedly gives longer range, plus they are developing a 700wh battery for all the decoys. Plus the new Shimano software lets you customize all 3 levels to your needs. Decoy wins hands down!

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm, I’m waiting on FC to chime in as he’s probably the only guy that has ridden both and has ridden a **** load of emtbs!

Levo plus:
-Local dealer
-700w Battery
-stronger- quieter motor
-proven stump jumper platform
-lighter weight
-Buy now and stop getting jerked around.

YT plus
- Nicer wheels, Shock, fork, bars, dropper, stem, di2

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If money was no concern I’d get a levo and put a reduced offset Mezzer fork on it. I own a Decoy, it’s awesome. But the Levo is significantly lighter, which makes it more fun in the air, which is how I like to ride. The battery and motor are so much better than the e8000, it’s not even close. But for the price the decoy is pretty rad. I’m having a lot of fun on mine.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive got a 2019 Lyrik i could exchange for the pike and could throw my dt swiss carbon wheels on board. My dealer is willing to give me a great deal on price. Gonna decide today to tell YT to pound it or wait another month. My terrain is probably more apt to the Levo.

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
I've said this before, but I couldn't wait for YT either and the Levo Expert I thought was overpriced, but also at the same time not readily available. So I bought the Tazer and never looked back. Everytime I'm out, I can't stop smiling! I'm sure if you get the Levo, you'd have the exact same feeling!

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im really happy with my Focus as Ive gotten it down to 46#, albeit 376watt battery. I can eek out 23-24miles, 2-3k elevation on the 376 battery. I'm always in eco mode. Now if I could get Levo to 46ish # with a 700w battery, that would be bad ass! There is so many sweet bikes out there. In 2016 I bought my first Levo, they have changed alot.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Ive got a 2019 Lyrik i could exchange for the pike and could throw my dt swiss carbon wheels on board. My dealer is willing to give me a great deal on price. Gonna decide today to tell YT to pound it or wait another month. My terrain is probably more apt to the Levo.
The reviews on the Decoy do indicate that there's a tradeoff for that confidence-building Enduro Performance and you can choose which trails to ride. I wish that I had your choice; Levo today !!! or Decoy maybe next month!

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, well my dealer would have to order the Levo as no one stocks crap around here! But, looking at 4 days vs. 4 MORE weeks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Would someone please explain what fork offset from 51mm to 44mm does for the how the bike handles.
Seems like Fezzari claimed that less fork offset makes their Wire Peak steer better on steep climbs.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Would someone please explain what fork offset from 51mm to 44mm does for the how the bike handles.
Seems like Fezzari claimed that less fork offset makes their Wire Peak steer better on steep climbs.
51 offset has lighter steering and is less floppy at low speeds. 44 or 42 offset is heavier steering that helps you hold a line through turns and is more stable at high speeds. Reduced offset give slightly more weight distribution to the front wheel. I like reduced offset.

·
E-Moderator
1,021 Posts
OK, but 21700 and 18650 energy density is the same so 21700 does not provide longer range (unless it provides greater capacity).

21700 is a packaging alternative, not a new technology.
That's what I heard, but I looked at the specs. and it has a 540wh battery. So yes, higher capacity vs the standard 504wh Shimano battery.

YT is touting this new 21700 battery. Does it have any advantage over the 18650?

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going with then Levo! YT cool about refund (obviously, they are oversold). Let the build begin. So, new Levo owners, I'm on the bubble with sizing. 6'1" . My gut tells me Large for manueverability, but I dont want a 3'seat post and 4" drop to my stem like good ole XC days. What size are you running? I'm proportionally normal, i think..!

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Here's my $.02. I have the Levo and it's just a fantastic bike (once you get better suspension). It is a descending machine and can dole out 40 mile rides (far more if you opt for a second battery). I also have a YT Capra and it's a fantastic bike.

The BIGGEST issue I have though is....this is a pretty new technology and I am pretty positive you will have issues. My Levo has had 4 warranties (loose wires, bad wires, engine died). I still love the bike but my hunch is Capra will find itself in the same boat as this is the flag ship. The issue is, I can take the Levo to Mike's bikes and get it fixed pretty quick. The YT...you are shipping a whole bike for every issue that arises...am I right? If they are having issues getting new bikes out, imagine the waits on warranties.

That's my take...I'd go with the Levo personally as I have been riding it for 6 months and can't get enough of it. I'm sure the YT will be dope but I think it will come with some serious baggage.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
OK, but 21700 and 18650 energy density is the same so 21700 does not provide longer range (unless it provides greater capacity).

21700 is a packaging alternative, not a new technology.
Tried to prove you wrong but 30 x 70g for 21700 cells is 300 grams more than 40 x 45g for 18650 cells. Thats a lot of extra weight for a very slight capacity gain.

·
10,000,000 Watts
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here's my $.02. I have the Levo and it's just a fantastic bike (once you get better suspension). It is a descending machine and can dole out 40 mile rides (far more if you opt for a second battery). I also have a YT Capra and it's a fantastic bike.

The BIGGEST issue I have though is....this is a pretty new technology and I am pretty positive you will have issues. My Levo has had 4 warranties (loose wires, bad wires, engine died). I still love the bike but my hunch is Capra will find itself in the same boat as this is the flag ship. The issue is, I can take the Levo to Mike's bikes and get it fixed pretty quick. The YT...you are shipping a whole bike for every issue that arises...am I right? If they are having issues getting new bikes out, imagine the waits on warranties.

That's my take...I'd go with the Levo personally as I have been riding it for 6 months and can't get enough of it. I'm sure the YT will be dope but I think it will come with some serious baggage.
Good advice, I'm going with the Levo. What size and how tall are you?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.