Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Those are very different bikes and the amount of info you provided begs a lot of questions.

What type of trails are you riding?
Do you have a preference of 29 vs 26
Full vs HT
Condition of the Fuel
Fit of the Fuel (assuming the new bike can be sized appropriately)

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
If the Fuel fits you and it's in good shape, that's my suggestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For right now I will be riding local trails, going to bike trails on some state parks, nothing too hardcore. I don't really have a preference as far as 26 or 29. I would like a full suspension if I can get one because it would be nice to have that option. I'm waiting for my local bike shop to bring the used fuel from a further location so I can see if it fits right, and to make sure it's in good condition. The fuel is $1,000, and the x-cal is $1,200. Right now I'm leaning towards the x-cal, but that can change.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yea I'd take a good hard look at the fuel. Especially if its coming from a shop and not some random person. If you can get the shop to give you any type of warranty, even 30 days it would give you confidence that they have minimally given it a good once over. It would be really nice to ride them one right after the other if you can get them from the same shop

·
RAKC
7,604 Posts
Definitely the fuel if its in good shape and it fits. Its much better equipped. Nothing wrong with the xcal, so Fs and 26 vs 29 will come into play, but fuel 7 is going to be leaps above when it comes to components fit.

Sent from my Nokia Stupidphone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's cool. I'll definitely talk to them about the condition of the fuel. I know that all of their used bikes are trade-ins from people who have purchased new bikes. Hopefully it fits well, if not I'll end up getting the x-cal. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts