Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Banned
1,333 Posts
Oh I know TREK's are great bikes (had a Paragon and just got a TREK Superfly 2012)---

--But I do like the 2012's 'TREK' emblem on the side of the bikes better. Also I like the 2012's small emblem on the chainstay and seatstay better. That long line makes it look like there is 'too much going on' at those spots. Even on the toptube I like the 2012 design better. But that is just my opinion....

-I wonder if the Superflys are going to have those graphics also (it would seem better for the company itself to place the TREK emblem where more people could see it (for marketing purposes)

I am enclosing a pic of the 2012 so you can see the difference (or anyone reading this post)

·
passed out in your garden
3,011 Posts
is it yours? if so congrats :thumbsup:

personally though, the colours dont appeal to me

·
Registered
39 Posts
i am planning on buying one as well (i think matte black and gray). how do you like the bike and if you dont mind- how much you paid for it? $1,000 was quoted for me here in NY so far

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies!

This is my first 29er, I went to the local bike shop Wednesday (6-27-12) and was window shopping for 29er’s and they didn’t have any medium sized frames left in stock. As I was getting ready to leave the guy says they just got a shipment in today but haven’t opened/assembled anything and he opens the 2013 Mamba up in the box and I said I would take it! This bike looks better in person than the pictures I posted. I picked it up Thursday (6-28-12) after they assembled it, I didn’t bicker about the price considering all the 2012 were gone and this shop has been in business for 85 years and they give great service! The MSRP went up $30 from last year, $989.99 to $1,019.99 and they had it marked for $929.00. They are also going to service two other bikes for me as part of the deal. The only difference I see in the components from 2012 to 2013 are the Hydraulic brakes; they went from Shimano to Hayes Dyno’s. I put several miles on the bike last night and love it! Awesome bike for the money!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats... what other colors is the 2012 mamba coming in?

·
Registered
634 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Congrats on the new Mamba. I am really impressed how Trek continues to offer a better bike year after year. I own the 2012 Mamba. It is my first 29er. I am really enjoying this bike. One thing that has bothered me about the new Mamba and it really a personal thing is I like the way the 2012 had the logos. Believe me I am not a label whore but for what ever reason I like the way Trek is clearly stated on the side and the bottom of the tube. It has a cool factor look. The 2013 has a very cool color scheme which looks very sharp but there is something missing. Once again this is just my opinion. The 2013 is a better bike then the 2012 much like how the 2012 is better then the 2011. I am still learning about mountain biking and since moving to a 29er I am really trying to get acquainted with my bike before I do something out of my comfort zone.

Once again sweet bike but I am partial to my 2012 Mamba.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats! The Mamba is out of stock (along with a ton of MTB in this price range right now) at my LBS, but I'm looking forward to trying one out. I tested an Xcal that they had and the geometry was great.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts