Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
i just picked one up last weekend and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a couple ride...rumblefish II 69er but i will say this MUK is insane....was going to wait to get the beargrease but after comparing the two extensivley i am gonna keep the muk 2 and upgrade the brakes....

·
Registered
177 Posts
mine has no rub what so ever.....
my girl has a 2012 muk 3 and has no problems with hers...
they did beef up the head tube and frame....the crank is top notch...i can see myslef getting a new fork or a leftie in the near future....but i may ride the bb7 thru the winter and see how they react with the harsh winter and snow...

·
Icebiker
447 Posts
Got mine a few weeks ago...love it

I posted this in the Salsa thread....I should clarify that I'm a newbie to fatties, so there are still some things I'm trying to sort through (like tire pressure and its effect on steering, weight of the wheels vs my other bikes and its effect on climbing), but overall my experience has been great and I'm looking forward to snow!

Picked up my new Mukluk a couple of weeks ago. Only ridden it once, but so far loving it! :D LBS worked with me to swap bar, stem and post to get the perfect fit. Also, as a nice surprise, the paint is Ventana-esque, very rich.:thumbsup: I plan to drill cutouts in the Darryl rims to save a little weight, and over time switch to Ultralight versions of the HuDu tires if/when the stock 27 tpi Nates wear down.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Just picked mine up yesterday

This is my first fattie too! My first (night) ride last night was fun. My buddy had to use my Magic shine battery then my Jet battery died so I didn't have a light. We had to ride together with one light so that limited the riding somewhat. Those Nate tires hook-up! Climbing was very nice, we pulled some very steep rocky rooty up's and down some REAL steep DH - the tires just hooked up. It took me awhile to get used to the bike; it handles WAY different than my full suspension mtn bike (Mojo HD 650b). The techy downhill rock trails were exciting! hold on!! with no suspension and no dropper seat post it was pretty sketch.. The tires are very bouncy on the rocky trails, I probably should have let some air out of my tires.

Looking forward to some snow adventure riding this year!

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
awesome.....hahahaha i have a sick dual suspension and a hard tail both 29er's and if i put a leftie on this bad boy ,i can't see ever riding them again....

in the process of upgrading the brakes to some hopes....

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got mine a couple weeks ago, its the white one just like pictured earlier in this thread. I had carbon fiber forks and bars put on it, I LOVE IT!!! It's much faster than I expected.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Let me put it this way - I think the new Muk with my front-mounted childseat handles better on trails than my 1st gen muk without the child seat :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
post some pics of your fork and bar.....what did u put on?
The bars are Answer Pro Taper, wide. The Forks are Snow Pack (?). I don't have pics but the black carbon forks with the white frame looks SO good. The ride is softer and feels more responsive.

Jamin at the Anchorage Bike Shop put it all together, he nailed what I wanted. Thanks Jamin! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts