Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Poppss
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my new Stumpjumper Comp HT 29 today. Another deal fell through so I pulled the trigger on the new one. Was told not available until the end of the month, but hopefully will get here before that. Will be my first 29, having ridden 26er for some time like the rest of us. Will be a nice addition with the 08 Stumpjumper FSR Comp, and Roubaix Expert road bike. Can't wait...And they say Christmas only comes once a year. Bah Humbug....Being 6-5, 208, ordered the 23 inch frame. Should be great.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cool! 23" Stumpy Comp HT 29ers have landed!

Yours might be the first. I have had mine on order for quite some time, supposed to be in at the end of this month/beginning of next. Maybe mine rode over on the same boat as yours. I'm about 1500 miles farther inland so still waiting.

Have fun! Please post riding impressions when you can. And update on the mods you make.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats!

Love mine (09, same frame/components). I had the option to get the 2010 in white or the 2009 in silver/aluminum. It was cheaper, and it fit perfect so I went with it.
My first 29er and its a blast.
I also own a Spec road bike, and used to have a 26er Spec MTN bike until it got stolen and I replaced it with the 29er.

Looks great, go get it dirty and have some fun.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Go get it dirty and let us know what you think. That looks big even for a 29er.

Brian

·
I have red hair
265 Posts
wanna take bets on how long it will take you to sell your 26er?? :thumbsup:

awesome bike, congrats!

·
Poppss
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it out for a couple of hours and rode some technical stuff and some not so technical stuff. The bike is fantastic. It is easily flickable, goes over everything a lot easier and climbs great. It is longer in the cockpit, which was a change but not a challenge. The fast trak tires did a great job and did slip on any climbs unitl i got into some wet grass. The brakes got burnished and work very well. Made some minor changes on the controls, seat height, fore n aft,..basic stuff. Finally a bike that fits me, instead of settling for smaller and making it work. Thanks big S.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I picked mine up back in November and love it! I've been able to put a little over 200 miles on it and have hardly ridden my 26" at all.

·
Poppss
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been riding the crap out of the 29er HT since I got it. The more I ride it, the better it is. This bike fits so well, climbs like nobody's business and descends just a good. The bike is very quick and responsive, without being quirky. The drivetrain is spot on, no mishifts either up or down. The Reba is taking a bit more time to get where I want it, but no worries. Haven't ridden the 26er since I bought this.

Hey Red, sold the 26er to my older brother who really likes it. Have ordered a Stumpy FSR Comp 29er to replace it. Have to wait til March for delivery.

Spreadin' the word on the 9er's. Bikes that fit and ride fantastic. Finally. Livin the dream....:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts