Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends and fellow Arizona locals! My son and I are currently developing a new line of energy bars right here in Flagstaff AZ. Our family went through a food revolution 8 years ago and switched to a clean diet free of processed junk. After changing our diets, and reaching new levels of health/fitness, we noticed a huge hole in the market for clean nutrition on the go! On long rides we were longing for a convenient snack that was free of bad sugars, dangerous preservatives, and questionable GMO ingredients. We started baking our own with great results! We are looking for input from our local outdoor on our future projects. If you are interested in some free samples send a PM. All of our ingredients are 100% organic, locally grown, and GMO free. Our products have a distinct "earthy" taste that grows on you.
  • Do you want to take control of your diet?
  • Are you tired of buying products from companies that are less than ethical in their manufacturing process?
  • Would you be willing to spend slightly more on a product that is 100% locally sourced?
  • Would you be willing to try something that might taste "strange" at first if you knew the performance gains are worth it?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Meatbomb
7,245 Posts
You might want to package it so it does not look like what is left on the lawn after someone's dog got a hold of their pot stash.

·
SamuraiBunnyGuy
2,587 Posts
on the plus side,, with a name like high altitude naturals, you're a prime candidate for using a topless skydiving chick as your mascot

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
If you don't vaccinate your children, they might die of a preventable disease. That picture looks like fresh horse droppings, but eating those won't kill you.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Hi friends and fellow Arizona locals! My son and I are currently developing a new line of energy bars right here in Flagstaff AZ. Our family went through a food revolution 8 years ago and switched to a clean diet free of processed junk. After changing our diets, and reaching new levels of health/fitness, we noticed a huge hole in the market for clean nutrition on the go! On long rides we were longing for a convenient snack that was free of bad sugars, dangerous preservatives, and questionable GMO ingredients. We started baking our own with great results! We are looking for input from our local outdoor on our future projects. If you are interested in some free samples send a PM. All of our ingredients are 100% organic, locally grown, and GMO free. Our products have a distinct "earthy" taste that grows on you.
  • Do you want to take control of your diet?
  • Are you tired of buying products from companies that are less than ethical in their manufacturing process?
  • Would you be willing to spend slightly more on a product that is 100% locally sourced?
  • Would you be willing to try something that might taste "strange" at first if you knew the performance gains are worth it?

Wow, an hour in and you reeled in 6. Nice job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow maybe I shouldn't have said "any input." Keep in mind that this is far from the finished product and is still pretty raw. Our product is representative of what food looked like before the industrial revolution, before the introduction of poison to our food supply. Its pretty eyeopening that real raw wholesome food looks like poo to the modern man. We were giving away free samples at the last first friday art walk at Macy's and we received generally positive feedback. I know that mountain bikers tend to be surly but constructive feedback would be most helpful. What do you guys want out of your mid ride nutrition?

And to Mrwlr, the vaccine issue is for another forum. I will not be trolled so easily.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
You did say, "any feedback appreciated". And the pic of your creation doesn't look very appetizing. Post this in the nutrition and hydration forum and see if you get a better response. Most of the circus on the AZ forum hydrate and get their nutrition from malted beverages.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
You are competing against my organic and natural line of performance enhancing products:

Honeycrisp-Apple.jpg

I call this one.... the apple.

I also have the carrot, the banana (really popular) and working on others.

·
1,442 Posts
I know that mountain bikers tend to be surly
I'll grant you that.

However, I would suggest that most people are a little dubious of claims like "100% organic, locally grown, and GMO free". There are plenty of things that meet that definition that will harm or kill you. At least the poison I eat has to meet certain safety standards. Has your product been tested?

And how do I know that your product will provide "performance gains" and that you are ethical in your manufacturing process. A lot of claims with no backup.

It's called healthy skepticism.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Hi friends and fellow Arizona locals! My son and I are currently developing a new line of recreational products right here in Flagstaff AZ. Our family went through a 60s revolution 8 years ago and switched to a clean smoke free of processed junk. After changing our cigs, and reaching new levels of mind blowing experience, we noticed a huge hole in the market for clean high on the go! On long rides we were longing for a convenient smoke that was free of bad trips, dangerous preservatives, and questionable GMO ingredients. We started to get baked on our own with great results! We are looking for input from our local outdoor on our future projects. If you are interested in some free samples send a PM. All of our ingredients are 100% organic, locally grown, and GMO free. Our products have a distinct "earthy" smell that grows on you.
  • Do you want to take control of your dreams?
  • Are you tired of buying products from dealers that are less than ethical in their manufacturing process?
  • Would you be willing to try something that might smell "strange" at first if you knew the creative performance gains are worth it?

marijuana-buds.jpg

NATURAL HIGH ATTITUDE

with few changes.
:)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
for me it's pretty simple. something I want to eat with sugars and carbs...

that would be any kind of cookie... low fat ones preferable ... cheap, simple and with my adrenaline making me not want food on rides, they go down easy..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts