Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New 05 Vanilla130 R- NOISE?

well heard they fixed the imfamous 2002 rattle noise( poping sound) second ride on mine and it makes a rattle sound inside the lowers when riding, or some other racket. anyone have a 05 and experience this?

i'm running the heaviest spring, even tried cranking the preload down but still rattles. the spring also has the half plastic wrapper on.

noticed the heavy spring( green) has a smaller diameter then the others, this could be causing it to shake and rattle inside

any feedback is appreciated. thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
staz said:
well heard they fixed the imfamous 2002 rattle noise( poping sound) second ride on mine and it makes a rattle sound inside the lowers when riding, or some other racket. anyone have a 05 and experience this?

i'm running the heaviest spring, even tried cranking the preload down but still rattles. the spring also has the half plastic wrapper on.

noticed the heavy spring( green) has a smaller diameter then the others, this could be causing it to shake and rattle inside

any feedback is appreciated. thanks
If you think it is the springs rattling (which is the source of one of the several different sounds these POS forks make) you can quiet it down with a couple layers of heat shrink tubing. It is basically the same thing as that plastic wrapper you see. I put a couple layers of heat shrink down at the bottom of the spring and it did quiet down the spring noise when it hits the inside of the stantions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts