Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
I hope it's as good as it claims. Otherwise, going green with lube is penny wise.

I also wonder how much "oil" energy is used to produce this stuff from plant extracts. Extraction usually takes power and chemicals.

I would like to see the patent.

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
lidarman said:
I hope it's as good as it claims. Otherwise, going green with lube is penny wise.

I also wonder how much "oil" energy is used to produce this stuff from plant extracts. Extraction usually takes power and chemicals.

I would like to see the patent.

Or how much is burned getting it here. Ernesto-lube is at least made in the states.

·
Big Boned
1,535 Posts
It's 100% biodegradable, it's not refined in any way and requires very little energy to produce. Better than carbon-neutral, it actually helps reduce humanity's overall CO2 emissions, as well as our dependence on petrofuels **and** our corn and beef consumption.

It's orphan's blood!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lidarman said:
It's probably just a blend of essential oils.
Plant oils. But even they need to be distilled to get the oil and that requires heat, which requires some sort of fuel. That can be wood from a managed forest or electricity generated from renewable form (wind/sun), which would be better than burning the wood.

It's a vicious cycle. I just wanted to know if something like this existed because if it didn't I was going to create it it and probably market it in the same way. I still might make a blend anyway using a very interesting, plentiful, and relatively inexpensive (illegal to grow) oil.

·
leashem
78 Posts
I need to keep this in mind the next time I pick up a 6 pack. How far was it shipped,power source to produce it, oils? pissing in the toilet and the water it takes to flush it down.
I rode my bike 6 mile round trip to save gas to buy food that was probally shipped here from another state in gas/diesel guzzling trucks. How extreme do yo have to get to try to save the planet? Think about it. If humans want to be "green" 100% than we need to move back to the wilderness and hunt and gather our food and live in small shelters. I find it a bit silly that a bunch of dudes that live to ride our $1500 mnt bikes with parts moslty made from ver seas and shipped over here on a boat talk about using "green" chain lube. Im not being a hypocryte (sorta) because I fall into the same catagory. reading all of these posts made me think about this a little deeper than I usually do. And laughing at my self for saving gas by riding my bike to the store today and doing other "green" things as of late.
Please dont ban me for life.

·
Registered
890 Posts
The amt of chainlube lube I use is miniscule. It isn't worth it when Rock Lube and some others work so incredibly well. I think you will find a very limited market for this and ridiculously limited in biking applications. Good luck with all this. Please don't inundate this forum with ads since that will only lead to your already low popularity level reaching news lows. Nobody has control over that but you.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BlueMountain said:
The amt of chainlube lube I use is miniscule. It isn't worth it when Rock Lube and some others work so incredibly well. I think you will find a very limited market for this and ridiculously limited in biking applications. Good luck with all this. Please don't inundate this forum with ads since that will only lead to your already low popularity level reaching news lows. Nobody has control over that but you.
Huh? I haven't created anything or sold anything and believe me I wouldn't think of offering anything I create (that's not free) in this forum (all 23 readers). :D

As for lows, I could get much lower than just an advertisement. Dirt is fun. :blush:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey, I'm just thinking ahead in case you were thinking of getting rich off some crazy snake oil scheme. I'm also trying to stabilize your dismally low popularity level and I can hardly believe that you don't appreciate that :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.