1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
warcricket said:
nevegals- super grippy, slower tire, wears quickly
fast tracks- fast, poor mud/dirt shedding, little traction

neither fit the bill....
I 2nd the Nevegals- SLOW rolling and wears quickly but great grip OMG especially the Stick-E!

·
well mannered lout
3,416 Posts
I just mounted up a set of Conti. Mt King 2.4's. They are scary fast and corner with amazing confidence in the dirt. I may still go back to my kenda stickies because they hold onto wet rocks so much better ( a big part of the game out here) but the Mt Kings might be just what you're looking for.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Doh, I did weigh them, but I forgot to write down the weight. Maxxis claims 640grams and that sounds about right. They were lighter than the worn Captain Sports, and those supposedly weigh 700 grams new.

They have an "eXCeption" version, which I guess it's kind of the "S-Works" for Specialized tires. They are a softer compound and are lighter (595g for the 2.1)

Mine are not even the "eXCeption" version and I can't break them lose. I was having a lot of problems with the Captains sliding or breaking lose on me lately as they've worn down, but I was quite happy with them as well. The Maxxis seem grippier than the Captains ever were and the extra volume is noticeable over small bumps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.