Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
83 feet less per minute
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest issue of MBA says Nevegal Lite 2.0 is best tire they tested. Anyone out there use this one and where can you find it mail order?
Shiggy, have you used it?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
paddlefoot64 said:
Latest issue of MBA says Nevegal Lite 2.0 is best tire they tested. Anyone out there use this one and where can you find it mail order?
I have not used the Neve Lite 1.95 yet. Be aware that the "Lites" are shallow tread race tires.

Also read this thread about the MBA test in general: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=38310

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nevegals are Confidence Building...

I have the 1.95 in the rear and the 2.1 in the front. I have used them for two days at my training run in the foothills. They are a few climbs I have never made or have used my foot as a pivot at the top. There are three fewer now since the Nevegals. I have been concerned about a few hairpin switchbacks that I use my foot as a pivot. There are three fewer since the Nevegals. There are three descent sections that I have never made. . Since the Nevegals make that 2. I think in a few weeks I maybe able to ride this trial. The Nevegals give me that much confidence.

Past tires used at this trail are Conti Vertical Pros, Irc Back Country, and Mythos

The Nevegals roll fast, they corner well, and they handle loose hard pack conditions well, and seem strong while going through rock gardens.

I do not think the Nevegal lites are shallow tread. The tread seems to be in proportion to their size. I think lite in this case (pun!!) means it is made of a dual compound Sticky-E rubber and L3R rubber while regulars are made with only Stick-E Rubber. ( info from the tire box).

If I raced I would not tell anybody about these tires. They are that much of an advantage!! :)

paddlefoot64 said:

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Seems like Kenda are the masters when it comes to tyres.

People rave about Blue Grooves, Karmas and now good comments regarding these Nevegal lites. I just purchased a couple of pairs of Kenda tyres, I should have got a set of these too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Trevor, which model of Kenda did you purchase?..

How do you like them?

Trevor! said:
Seems like Kenda are the masters when it comes to tyres.

People rave about Blue Grooves, Karmas and now good comments regarding these Nevegal lites. I just purchased a couple of pairs of Kenda tyres, I should have got a set of these too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Nevegal Lite 1.95 review

Mounted the nevegal lite on the front, karma 2.0 rear. Both took to DIY tubeless imediatley with out any seapage through the side walls.

The trail I rode is moslty a horse trail with lots of fixed and loose rocks, and lots of loose soil on top of hard pack,(Auburn CA area). All up and down foothills
Nevegal lite weight was 580g with "fairly accurate" kitchen scale.

Impresions: This combo worked great together. The nevegal definity hooked up better than any have tire have used. It also felt "harder" than any tire. This could be because I was running higher pressure than usual 38 psi. It also felt heavier than tires I have been using but than it is. My previuos front tire was explorer supersonic 2.1.

Buttom line, I could feel the added weight but the additional traction more than makes up for the weight. Fantastic tire, go for it.

DFH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.