Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
ridefreeride said:
what should i get 2.5 or 2.35?
What are your trails like? What's the riding like? The 2.5 isn't a ton heavier, but it's a lot bigger, and a lot slower.

I'm digging the 2.35 Minion DHF in back and Nevegal 2.35 DTC up front. The Minion is slightly narrower, rolls a bit faster, and I actually like it better than the Nev for the back. Especially set up tubeless in the back. Light, grippy, burly enough for a lot of bashing around, no pinch flats. That's on the pedaly trail bike. The 2.5 DH versions of the same tires and the same setup are on the DH bike.

As an in between, I've really liked the 2.35 Intense tire lineup. Still big, heavier, grippy, but not quite as slow as the 2.5 Nev. And a hell of a lot cheaper.

Why use more tire than you have to have?

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
I've got the 2.35 stick-e's front and back on my freeride bike and they're certainly enough rubber for me. I came off 2.35 highrollers that were WAY narrower and less grippy (but granted, they also had less tread remaining). I love the 'gals. I had a set of 2.5s nevegals on my old FR bike, and they were similarly grippy, but much larger and slower. If you want to pedal around trails at all, I'd go with the 2.35s.

·
Registered
433 Posts
2.5 Nevegals front and rear.. DH casing... stick-e ...w/ DH tubes .....
I really like them for freeriding..
I'm not one to care about weight....

·
ready to ride
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mostly hard pack but the terain varies

ive also been thinking 2.5f 2.35 r just to cover my bases

ive been running intense dh f and wc r both in 2.5 and its nice but i want to move back to kenda tires.

·
Its got what plants crave
5,933 Posts
The 2.35 Nev is a pretty big tire, I'd bet it's every bit of 2.4 actual. It's plenty of rubber for me especially if you're riding mostly hardpack.

·
Registered
737 Posts
2.35 is plenty of tire. They are the equivalent to 2.5 in Maxxis which is pretty much what a lot of people use for DH & FR (Minions and HR)

I am running them in my Enduro SL and they are super grippy and in my opinion, roll nicely as well.

Another tire that just blew me away is the Specialized Clutch SX (2.35). Came on my SX Trail and that tire is simply amazing. My favourite tire at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts