Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all

I'm in Australia where we pay twice as much as every one else for bike parts. so is there any one who knows of a good netshop?

I want a pug but it's AUD$3000 for a single speed build in Canberra. which at the moment is 2 764.20 USD!

wiggle has the frames but no ones seems to have the wheels already built.

Cheers

Matt

·
Registered
520 Posts
Twinnie, I agree, we're gettin' ripped in my opinion, :madman: particularly as the AU$ is so strong. I normally advocate local buying but in the case of bikes I buy out of the States. I've already bought 1 frame and had it posted over at minimal postage charges.

Al

·
Registered
50 Posts
hi twinnie, im in melbourne and have a pug i imported from Sigapore second hand frame new everything else for $1200aud shipped, which bought me: frame, fork, bb (new), cranks, shimano alfine geared hub (new), trigger shifter (new),wheelset, tires, front hub, rear rotor.

i then added all the trimmings like bars, stem, headset, pedals, grips, seat, post, clamp, etc.

on ebay there is a guy ( a member here i beleive) selling SUPER cheap brand new pug frames and forks (compared to us) may work out even less than the !700aud total i spent?

check it out, and remember to get postage costs before bidding!

if you need pug build advice feel free to ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts