Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I need a new set of tires for my El Bastardo. I'm looking at the Pacenti Neo Moto 2.1 and the Racing Ralph 2.25. I ride in southern Ca with big climbs and even bigger decents: I had the Neo moto 2.3, but they felt a little to heavy for what I was wanting. I put on a pair of Quasi motos and although they are super fast, they are not as good as the Neo 2.3 on the really rough down hills. So im looking for something in between the Neo and the quasi and was needing some advice.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a set of the Racing Ralphs. The ride quality is similar to the Quasi Moto in my opinion. Just look into the details and decide.

·
Registered
11,679 Posts
Ive found the

winerdiner29er said:
Hey everyone,

I need a new set of tires for my El Bastardo. I'm looking at the Pacenti Neo Moto 2.1 and the Racing Ralph 2.25. I ride in southern Ca with big climbs and even bigger decents: I had the Neo moto 2.3, but they felt a little to heavy for what I was wanting. I put on a pair of Quasi motos and although they are super fast, they are not as good as the Neo 2.3 on the really rough down hills. So im looking for something in between the Neo and the quasi and was needing some advice.
A 2.3 neo or 2.35 nev up front and the 2.25 RR in back is a good set up. next i want to try a WTB Wolv in back.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I like the fatter tire up front as it gives the traction and provides some cushioning. The quasi and RR don't have the bite but it depends on what you ride. I'm is soft PA dirt, mud and snow. The Neo Moto is the only choice except for the driest conditions here.

·
Mojo MadDuc
123 Posts
Wolverine Great on the rear!!

Guys, I recently switched from an Maxxis Igniter to a WTB Wolverine on the rear of my new BMC. I have spent the last two weeks on the tire and I have been very pleased. So far the tire has worked well on hardpack, loose over hardpack, rocks and roots (even with water). I can't say yet how they are going to last, but they are pretty light are working well on everything that I have ridden. I am going to try the 650B version on front as soon as it arrives at the LBS. Just waiting on WTB. I would recommend it as a rear tire for sure, no regrets.

MadDuc916

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does any one have an actual measurement of the width of a Racing Ralph? I run the Quasi Moto 2.0 in the back of my Titus Eleven right now but was thinking of trying the Ralph. Can any one help with the measurement to see if it will fit. :idea:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts