Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and off just wanted to let you guys know that I got a simlar thread running on the brand forum on mtbr.com. I've recieved one response but lots of veiws. So I thought I would post it up on here since this seem a little more appropriate. And btw I am new to the sport and to upgrading parts for a bike

So the Question is: "Does anybody else have a Kingfisher bike"
just wanted some info on the bike like what you think of it and what can I do to make a bit lighter with out losing the durabilty that it needs for me to stay alive. I have the 05' kingfisher 2 05' model, with just stiffer spring f/r suspension, and used for a year as a bike for someone to use around the neighborhood dirt road behind there house. I got it for under $900 so I thought it was a good deal at the time. I was saving my money on a stinky primo but could not wait and bought this instead. Figured I needed to lear how to ride first before dishing out that much dough!!!

I have taken it out a few times already and had a great time. Seems pretty good but got nothing to compare it to besides my cheap xc bike fsr 04' stock. So could not do it justice by comparing it to that bike. So far I took it off a 4ft drop and I was quite impressed being a newbie and all. And just recently went down a nice 5 mile hill here in AZ. And it was fun.
I never had disc brakes before, it worked great just that it when ever I brake I could hear it. I know it is clean just you could hear it and know that it is working and working hard. maybe the pads are old or something.

Now I just want to lighten her up a bit and was also wondering how do I go about doing that.
Here is a list of things I am planning to change out if and I mean if I got the money

tires (would like to run tubeless, how do you do that with an OEM rim)
headset
handlebar
cranks and bashgaurd (ligher/ breaks easier???)
seat
seat post
wheelset (lighter/money issue????)

That is all I can think of and I really don't know what type of parts/brand for the money and durability/lighter factor.

Too damn long I know but had lots of "Q"
just want my money to go far!! and my riding, more my riding than my money I guess..

arvin

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
You've got yourself a pretty nice bike already. Since you're just starting off, I'd just keep riding it as is, and as things break and wear out, replace them with somthing nicer. There aren't any obvious weak points of the bike, so just keep on rolling. :D

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the plan to wait till things start breaking off the bike since I really don't have money to change anything major right now. Just wanted to know how did anyone else like this bike, and what kind of aftermarket parts you put on it. Just want ideas to get the ball rolling. Also you got any advice what I should do lighten her up for the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts