Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know of a small 5-spot frame for sale?I'm looking for one for my wife.Any year,any color(she says she doesn't really care,but on some level she does)in excellent shape.I'll post an ad, just thought I'd throw it out here as well. Thanks,Thomas

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know if your buddy has found or bought a small 5spot yet. I was just over at the Bike Company and there was a small and a large up on the wall. If he's still looking have him call the Bike Co at 800-877-424-5326 and ask for Kevin or Tony. They said they were ready to make someone a sweet deal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paco Finn said:
My buddy'e wife is thinking of possibly going to a medium from her small. I will see if she is interested. Not getting personal, but what is your wife's height and inseam?

Nate
Nate,sorry,I thought I was replying when I responded to your email directly(maybe it made it to you?).Anyway,my wife is 5'7" and around a 31" inseam.Definitely let me know if the frame is available.Thanks,Thomas

·
Registered
324 Posts
thjrollins said:
Nate,sorry,I thought I was replying when I responded to your email directly(maybe it made it to you?).Anyway,my wife is 5'7" and around a 31" inseam.Definitely let me know if the frame is available.Thanks,Thomas
31" inseam! That's what I have. We had a mech. problem at a race this last weekend (broken chain) and my buddy's wife rode my med. and didn't have any problems. She has a smaller inseam than your wife, are you sure you want a small? She sounds like she is on the border line. Anyway, she decided she is not going to move to the next size unless she needed to replace it (stolen, backed over by a truck, etc.), sorry.

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
I agree, small is too small

Paco Finn said:
31" inseam! That's what I have. We had a mech. problem at a race this last weekend (broken chain) and my buddy's wife rode my med. and didn't have any problems. She has a smaller inseam than your wife, are you sure you want a small? She sounds like she is on the border line. Anyway, she decided she is not going to move to the next size unless she needed to replace it (stolen, backed over by a truck, etc.), sorry.
I believe she would Definately need a medium. I am the same and the small was like a midget bike. I believe the {up to 5'6" } sizing listed on the Turner site is taking into account the male frame which tends toward the long torso/short inseam. At 5'7" she will be uncomfortable! IMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.