Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Student
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering whats the frame (only fame) weight of the Giant AC, and could it be used for all-mountain riding? I suppose the weight will determine that. Thanks. Frame size is a 17", weight of other sized frames will do as well.:)

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts

·
Student
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rkj__ said:
A google search gave me this

http://www.simplythebike.co.uk/prod...d=712&osCsid=384180db9b759d0eb18e07dc0623f82a

apparently the claimed weight is 3.8kg or 8.4lbs.

weight weenies has a 2001 AC team (medium) listed at 3600g or 7.9lbs. I do think that they beefed up the later models though, as people tended to ride them pretty aggressively.

as a reference, my large NRS is about 2700g or 6lbs.
I was at Pedlars to get some conversion gromets for my wheels and I asked about frame sets, he mentioned a Giant AC frame. It's nice, heavy though. Anyways we were talking and he said he would let the frame go for $400 + tax. Not bad. ($456 total) So I thought I would start a thread to get some info on the frame. I didn't realize it was that heavy, I picked it up at the bike shop, it didn't feel that heavy. At the bike shop it was built up though. Lots of travel, from 5.5" to 6.35" or something like that. Not this season, I want to ride the Norco fame all year. I just thought I would ask about frames, if it's still there next year it will be even cheaper:thumbsup: :thumbsup: . But really on a different note, I'm not crazy about making a super light bike or anything , but that frame is heavy. I would like something lighter. Maybe like 6-6.5lbs would be nice. 5" in the back to match the front too.
But like I said not until next year unless I win a frame or bike, :D . Or even the lottery!!!!:eekster: :eekster: :D :D :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.