Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building-up '04 S-Works Enduro and wondering if I should use a 6" or an 8" disc on front (I have both size rotors). I weigh 130lbs and do aggressive trail riding. I like the stopping power of the 8", but also like the lighter weight of the 6". I'll be using a 6" rotor in the rear if that makes any difference. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
You can use 8" if you have 20mm dropout on your fork, otherwise you have chances of your fork not holding up to braking forces that are generated by 8" rotor. You're light and 6" should provide plenty of stopping power for you (I'm 130 myself). If you need more power try going to metallic pads.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lucky!

Lucky13 said:
You can use 8" if you have 20mm dropout on your fork, otherwise you have chances of your fork not holding up to braking forces that are generated by 8" rotor. You're light and 6" should provide plenty of stopping power for you (I'm 130 myself). If you need more power try going to metallic pads.
I'll be putting the discs on an '05 Fox TALAS RLC fork. Do they have 20mm dropouts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.