Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my first "real" mountain bike and i would like something that will take be cross country easily, handle some down hill occasionally and is just all out nice to ride. Is this bike worth the $1400 retail and more importantly is it worth teh $800 i can get it for? Thanks for your help.

·
255 Posts
If you don't get too many substantive replies, its probably because people are not familiar with this bike. Although Motobecane is not an unknown brand, it is sort of obscure.

My 2 cents about buying your first serious mountain bike is to go to a good local bike shop. You will be fitted properly, can discuss your concerns with someone knowledgable, and get local tuning, repair and warranty help if and when you need it. This time of year, a lot of shops have good deals on bikes from the big names (Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, Giant, Gary Fisher, etc) because the 2004 model year is ending and 2005 is beginning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.