Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to seriously purchase one of these bikes in the next few days: Iron Horse MK III Trail or the Kona FOUR or DAWGMA I am going to use it for mostly trail riding and cross country.

I know you get a sub par Dually for about a $1K-$1.5K but I am looking for a descent bike with a good FRAME. I am really wanting a bike with descent components but a GOOD FRAME (light, reliable, etc.), I am happy to upgrade components to my liking along the way. I am mainly concerned with getting a good frame for the price range and having maximum UPGRADABILITY. Even though its on the cheaper side of Full Suspension bikes I want to be happy and want it to last.

So... Iron Horse MKIII Trail or Kona FOUR?

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
328 Posts
So... Iron Horse MKIII Trail or Kona FOUR?

Have you tried out any other bikes? I was lookin not to long ago in the same $ range. I ended up with a 06 or 07 Yeti 575 for 2000.00 USD. A bit more than I was planning on paying but love the bike! I went and tried out a bunch of bikes. I recommend you go and try some more out!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have tried out a few Giant, Trek, and Cannondale. No one around here really has Iron Horse or Kona for me to try. Reviews look good on both of them though, Im not sure what to do?

I havent been completley satisfied with the ones I've riddin'... Maybe its because its on the lower end for a Full Suspension.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
155 Posts
IMO I would find a good used ride and get a better name brand, santa cruz, turner, titus, etc. You can always upgrade the parts later as you see fit. Usually you will find a better deal on a complete used bike than buying one of the brands you listed here. And it will have a better parts list. These manufactures also seem to have a great CS department even if you are not the original buyer (ie. warranty issues).

Just my .02

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those Ibex bikes look like they have great components in comparison for the price! I just wish their was a place I could test ride one around my area... Im going to look into it further. Thanks.

As far as used bikes, I live in a smaller town (100k) so its kinda slim pickins on a used rig. But I know what your saying.

Also what about the Specialized FSR comp xc http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=32566 ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.