Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

i can get a good deal on a small endorphin
we want to change my wife's bike and we're wondering if it could fit for her
she's 1.75m tall

what do you think about it?
the knolly team told me that she was between two size but that we should go for the small one

she comes from a stumpjumper fsr and no doubt that the endorphin will be much more fun (i'm a bit jealous) but we need some advice about the size

Mike, a french guy

·
Registered
569 Posts
If the guys at Knolly said small would work I would tend to believe them...

My wife is 5'6" (1.67m) and the small with a 50-70mm stem and straight seatpost fits her perfectly. My medium is quite a bit too big for her.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm about that size (5'8") with a 30" inseam and ride a medium, but women "tend" to have a shorter torso and would need a shorter top tube for the same given size of a male rider. I would think a small would be fine for her.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot for the answers
she has a stumpjumper fsr comp 2007

i just got another email from chris from knolly that said finally we should go for the medium
her inseam seems to be around 31 or 32"

don't know what to do....

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
obergine said:
thanks a lot for the answers
she has a stumpjumper fsr comp 2007

i just got another email from chris from knolly that said finally we should go for the medium
her inseam seems to be around 31 or 32"

don't know what to do....
Doh, dont know how I missed the stumpjumper in the original post.

With a 31/32" inseam she will have enough standover on the medium. With a 50mm stem she will feel just fine on it. Is her stumpjumper a small or a medium?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your answer
the stumpy is a M

i think that the TT of the S would be nice as someone said women tend to have a shorter torso
but i have more doubt about the seat tube: she will need a big seatpost and so she might be really in the back of the bike: it might be more difficult for pedalling (am i right?)

the problem is that i don't have any good deal on a M
better wait than buy the wrong size.......

·
Registered
919 Posts
The seat tube angle might be an issue. @ 5'8",30" inseam I run my seat almost all the way forward on the rails on a med. frame with a 90mm Stem. If She's like to run a short stem, and likes to be over the BB for better pedaling, a med. may be better.

Tough call, good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts