Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading about how you set sag for the dhx air I weigh 260, I just ordered my 6.6 and was given 2 weeks till intense has dhx air. because of my weight should I get the coil or would I be fine.I am coming off a couple of switches and love my 5' drops.and have always had coil.but as I get heavier and older I want the xc ability but the ability to be stupid and get away with it. thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
My advice is find a coil shock you like and swap out.The Dhx Air seems to be set only to Handle people weighing under 250# and not very well because it just seems like its not all there.Unfortunately theres a group of beer drinking bad boys that are above there settings and pressures for that shock i don't care about the weight savings I will never have another air Shock thanks DD

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I agree that you should be running something other than the DHX Air. I am 180# and I love mine, but it really isn't set up to handle rider weights much over 225#.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Coil all the way, the DHX air is good only to 300psi max in main chamber and 200 max in boost. You would have this shock maxxed out to acheive only a decent ride, get a coil, Fox is currently out of stock on the DHX coil for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
is there a maximum pressure setting for the dhx air? I have one on my 6.6 but keep bottoming it out on all drops over about 2 foot, i am only about 17lbs?

first post, hi BTW.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
RJN said:
is there a maximum pressure setting for the dhx air? I have one on my 6.6 but keep bottoming it out on all drops over about 2 foot, i am only about 17lbs?

first post, hi BTW.
Yeah there is a max psi. Try running 30psi above your rider weight in the main chamber and -20psi of your rider weight in the boost valve, set the boost 1 full turn in, back the pro pedal off and set rebound about 4 clicks from full slow. This seems to be the magic setting for me. Ride On E2 [email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have a feeling i already have more than that in it. just wondered if i can keep increasing the air until it doesnt bottom out any more, i seem to remember something from the manual that said dont go over 200 psi?

seriously considering switching out for the dhx coil

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Max is 300psi in main chamber, and 200psi in boost chamber, if you only weigh about 170 lbs. there should be no problem with your weight, but I've heard that a coil shock makes this an entirely different feeling bike, I'm thinking of trying one myself. E2

·
Registered
121 Posts
, but I've heard that a coil shock makes this an entirely different feeling bike, I'm thinking of trying one myself. E2
in a good way? i guess i use the bike for mainly uk freeride stuff, nothing huge, biggest drop is about 8 foot, which i dont believe is a problem for the frame, but the shock just doesnt seem upto the job?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I only weigh 185 with gear and I needed about 230psi in the DHX air to get the right sag on the 6.6 I demo'ed. I doubt it will work for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts