Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
leave it alone for one year then decide what you want.....so many people think they need this or that and spend money to keep up withthe "jones" ......it is not going to make you as better rider...the components are good enough so leave it, save your cash, and build up your skilz

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
leave it alone for one year then decide what you want.....so many people think they need this or that and spend money to keep up withthe "jones" ......it is not going to make you as better rider...the components are good enough so leave it, save your cash, and build up your skilz
agreed, plus you can beat on those parts untill you really need one.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
i started out with an 04 scrap. awesome bikes to start with. just figure out what type of terrain you are going to want to ride with it. unless you climb with the bike, i would lose the smaller ring upfront and the front derailler and get a single ring chain guide, it will be worth it as long as you don't plan on climbing alot

·
Registered
187 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Ding Ding Ding SMT hit the nail on the head! Don't replace it till you break it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.