Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Bend, OR and I just learned that my parents have sold their home in Indianapolis and are moving to retire in Hot Springs, AR. I'll be making trips there for X-mas and at other times and I'm looking for trail information in the area. Information that will be helpful:

1. Best trails to ride?

2. Proximity to Hot Springs?

3. Is there anything that isn't "singlespeed-able?" [I spend all of my time here in Bend on a fully rigid signlespeed and an average ride for me is 40-50 miles with considerable climbing; often steep and sustained.]

4. Trails to avoid - not worth the time or effort?

Any information is appreciated - thanks in advance. Happy riding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Syllamo trails in Mountain View are "close" to what you have in Oregon, but it's a good drive northeast of Hot Springs.

The Ouachita trail is popular and can be nasty in places. It's known for eating tires.

Womble in Mount Ida is a good one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
We have plenty to keep you occupied with the Womble/Ouachita Trail combo. All is SS friendly with the right attitude! Touch base when in town for local info.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
great trails around hot springs. most are 10-30min from hot springs. there are 2 imba epic trails in arkansas - the womble and syllamo (2-3 hours north of HS). no real big mountains like the westward states but plenty of good ups and downs (a really long climb in arkansas is 1mi), lots of singletrack and fast flowy trails. i ride ss and rarely run into a climb i cant make.
check out mtbark.com and the reviews here on mtbr and you'll find lots of trail info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts