Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just saw Teamdicky's Wilson Creek ride report. Awesome!! Where can I find a 10-15 mile route around there. I'm up there a bit kayaking in the gorge. I would love to be able to ride for a few hours. or make a weekend out of it.

I'm really old and out of shape, so nothing death-defying. I'm no single-speed hard tail bad-ass mofo like TD's party. :D

Something harder than Tsali, and mostly single-track. I live & ride in Raleigh. My favorite trail locally is Rocky Road and Chapel Hill school trails..

I have ridden Fontana trails and Dupont area as well; I liked those.

Anyways, thanks.

Camping options would be cool too.

James :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
It really depends on the time of year and whether or not you have a shuttle.
Like tommorrow, most all higher elevation trails will be death-defying, young or old.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Weaklink,

You should try to hook up with a trip from Triangle MTB, there's always somebody headed up to Wilson. The trails there aren't marked the best, I haven't ridden there enough to be able to give you a route off the top of my head, but if you get the Nat'l Geographic map and put up a post on TMTB, you'll be able to get help and figure out a route. If you can clean RR and CHHS, you won't have any problems with Wilson.

c

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.