Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I feel your pain.. I had a gravel race in August that we've been training for since Dec. Four weeks before the race, my left Di2 Ultegra lever started leaking a little brake fluid from under the lever intermittently. Brakes would work fine and then mysteriously, they would go to the bar. Re-bleed, fluid everywhere (there must have been a crack or bad gasket in the reservoir) but then they would work. Until they didn't. Zero in stock at legitimate sources. $1000/pr on eBay. 😠 I hunted tirelessly that entire time for something, anything that I could use.... nothing. 6 days before the race a pair of GRX815 Di2 levers popped up at Universal Cycle. They had 2 pairs. Snagged one, expedited shipping and ran untested levers for the race. 😳 They worked great, but set me back $540.

I found out after all that, that my levers were under warranty.... Shimano does 2 years on some parts. You might check. I got a new lever and sold the pair for nearly what I paid for the GRX on PinkBike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.