Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I recently traded in install of 5 windows for a slightly used full suspension Jamis Dakar. Riding it only a half dozen times the rear triangle broke on a slight uphill. I have read some reviews on how they are pretty good with the warranty, even with second owners. I figured i would try contacting them with this problem. Any suggestions on how to go about this? And how do i find the year of the bike?

·
Cycologist
7,214 Posts
Hey all. I recently traded in install of 5 windows for a slightly used full suspension Jamis Dakar. Riding it only a half dozen times the rear triangle broke on a slight uphill. I have read some reviews on how they are pretty good with the warranty, even with second owners. I figured i would try contacting them with this problem. Any suggestions on how to go about this? And how do i find the year of the bike?
Post a picture of the bike. Check BikePedia

·
Co Springs
2,376 Posts
re; Bikepedia

Color is a good filter of what year a bike is also. For years, I thought I had an 03 bike but it is actually listed as a 2001 (based on color).

I repainted it to make it an 03 .... lol JK

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
2003 Jamis Dakar XLT 2.0
2003-Jamis-Dakar-XLT-2.jpg
It's not worth much: Fair $216 - $222

I doubt that Jamis has any parts left for that bike. They likely gave them all away during a really high-volume warranty period. I had a 2005 XLT that broke in the exact same spot. Really bad design.

I've been a Jamis fanboi for years and will confidently say that I'd never buy a used Jamis dual suspension frame from that genre / year. They had a reputation for chainstay breakage.

Their hardtails are great though. I still ride a 1998 and 2005 Komodo.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchlistingdetail.aspx?id=30342

Here's all I've got for them:
800-222-0570 / 201-768-9050
[email protected]
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts