Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

i know everyone has their opinions on what bike is the best, so let me hear 'em. i ride mostly smooth rolling stuff near santa cruz. i'm looking to spend no more than $1500 for the frame. i want to be able to race this bike this season, and then probably put some cupplers on it so i can take it with me- home to colorado (front range, fruita) maybe niner? black sheep- too expensive? maybe walt works- i went to school with him in colorado.

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
Ditto. Walt can easily build you exactly what you need, including full custom geometry and couplers, for under $1500.

·
Mtbr Founder
35,500 Posts
What you need is one of these 18 lb. Niner One9's pictured on the left. You can get a Sir9 (on the right) too but it will be heavier, flexier but smoother. But you're a big power rider so One9 it is.

The key is get the Pace fork and Salsa carbon bar. And get a wheelset from Mikesee tailored to your needs.

fc

·
~~~~~~~
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i'm not in a position to disagree with you Francis. Coming from a man who's ridden lots of 29ers, lots of singlespeeds, and has seen me ride, i have to say i trust your opinion.

speaking of 29er wheels from Mikesee- how are the ones you have? have you gotten a chance to try them out? i know you probaly still have some hardware you're oblidged to ride. that brings me to another thing- you gonna ride this weekend? i'm free sunday, but that's it. i'm working SO diligently on some school stuff that i haven't been able to breath, let alone ride much. i'm gonna see what mr. kevin kirkhart is up to for sunday.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Get a Black Sheep...James is the man!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.