Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Mongoose teocali, since its got an interupted seat tube, I am wondering if there are any telescoping Ibeam seatposts out there?

I found the Titec Knock, but that is for traditional seats only.

PS. Which is the best traditional one? (AND CHEAP!)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
none are made, period. I've tried, as I'm looking at getting a teocali also. You'll have to go with one of the titec posts, I think they make a few that telescope, and get a conventional saddle.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I recall that there used to be a similar product like the Titec scoper for the lower. It allowed you to fit a smaller diameter post in inside of it. Universal and Cambria used to carry them, but I haven't seen it in some time.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a Titec Scoper post on a Mountain Cycle Fury. Mine is the same 31.6 size that the Mongoose uses.
The outer post(frame end) is 31.6 and the inner post is a 27.2.
If you dont mind spending the extra money You could probably use any 27.2 post for an inner post.
Im using a 27.2 Thomson as an inner post with the Titec outer and clamp with no issues.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ic, so id have to get a titec scoper + a 27.2 inner post (I beam compatible) and it would work right.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
taikuodo said:
ic, so id have to get a titec scoper + a 27.2 inner post (I beam compatible) and it would work right.
Yes... unless someone makes a telescoping I beam post but I have never seen one.

crazylax42 Sorry I don't remember what the length was. I cut mine down the day I got it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts