Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'd like to get the new Marzocchi Roco-Coil RC-WC 4-way shock but there are two areas I need some help. I have to order the spring and mount kits seperatly and I'm not sure what to get. I first have the option for either a 6mm or 8mm mount kit, and then then further options within that seem endless. For example https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=16679&category=2644

I also don't know what spring I should get. I weigh around 155lbs with gear, anyone have a suggestion? For a 3" spring, they have stuff from 250lbs to 550lbs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
K, let me revise the question. Does anybody have this shock on an X7 and how does it perform? I've been hearing that it might compress easily, so easily that it will eat up a lot of pedaling energy. Yes I know the X7 is by no means an XC bike, but still I'd like to be putting my effort into the tires when pedaling, not the rear shock.

Still need help with the what size mount kit I would need.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I am sure downhilljill will chime in here and help you out.

If she does not respond you can call your LBS and have them contact haro to get the spacing needed to fit the Roco on your frame, you need to get the spacing for the shock, Marzocchi or your LBS will be able to do the rest for you.

The spring weight for you will depend on the leverage ration for the bike. I am not sure what the stroke of the shock is so I can't help you there.

The X7 already comes with a coil shock, the Roco is going to be a great improvment all around(climbing, decending, corners).

·
Registered
412 Posts
Interesting why on the X-7 page they just dont list/suggest which shocks to use along with the specs per frame/rider/manufacturer.

The shops here in town dont stock any Haro FS bikes so info dosen't come from them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually Jill, what rider weight range were you thinking of when you decided on those springs for the 16" and 18"? I mean I weigh around 155lbs and have an 18" X7, should I go with the 250 spring? Maybe the 275?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
We base the spring rate off of *average* rider weight. Obviously, this isn't an exact science and personal preference, riding style, and the type of riding you plan to do come into play. At 155lbs, I'd say you're a good candidate for a softer spring rate. A 275 might be a good option for you if you want a softer ride. I'm about 130lbs and ride with a 250 lb spring on my 16" X7 I race DH on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.