Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me with the dimensions of this hub? I'm trying to file just one QBP order and get spokes, hubs and rims all at once, but can't find any information regarding the hub flange diameters, distance from center, etc. online any place. Has anyone built with these hubs that can give me the information? Thanks a bunch - S.

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
Since it sounds like you haven't ordered the hub yet, thought I'd pass this info along: I hear story after story of people stripping the cog threads on the Suzue Basic hubs. Might be better to put a couple more dollars in the pot and get something else.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
SDizzle said:
Can anyone help me with the dimensions of this hub? I'm trying to file just one QBP order and get spokes, hubs and rims all at once, but can't find any information regarding the hub flange diameters, distance from center, etc. online any place. Has anyone built with these hubs that can give me the information? Thanks a bunch - S.
When you order the stuff, ask quality to get the spoke length for you. They have a spoke calculator in their system that will punch out spoke lengths for any rim and hub combo they sell..

B

·
Registered
23 Posts
Suzue Basic Blowage

SDizzle said:
Can anyone help me with the dimensions of this hub?
It's a miserable piece of kit. Mine lasted three days before the threads went. After all the trouble of building up a "proper" fixed hub I have been using the freewheel side with a cog, loctite, and a bottom bracket lockring.

I hear the Suzue Promax is not only a great hub, but it is also from the same facility in Japan as the much-loved Suntour Superbe track hubs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Spocalc

I built up a set of them, but don't remember the figures.

Try a Google search on "Spocalc Damon Rinard"

It's a great Excel program with tons of good info. You'll
find what you need in there.

ZB

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
brewSSard said:
I built up a set of them, but don't remember the figures.

Try a Google search on "Spocalc Damon Rinard"

It's a great Excel program with tons of good info. You'll
find what you need in there.

ZB
DT Swiss also has a calc on their website with a pretty good database of hubs and rims.

·
Registered
96 Posts
shoot - I've got 5 yearsish on mine!
No locktight, just tightened it and stuck on the lock ring. no issues.
I'm using a surly cog & lock fwiw.

Now about flange diameter - can't help you there - eyeballing it with a ruler don't cut it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixeyfreeride said:
shoot - I've got 5 yearsish on mine!
No locktight, just tightened it and stuck on the lock ring. no issues.
I'm using a surly cog & lock fwiw.

Now about flange diameter - can't help you there - eyeballing it with a ruler don't cut it.
Thanks guys. I got it taken care of via DT Swiss' website. It took a bit for me to get it from German to English, but it's a pretty handy site, for sure.

I'm not too worried about the threads. I've read about lots of failures, but I'll give them a really good inspection and pass them through a clean die at a local place that deals with lots of track gear if they look ugly. I want loose-ball bearings, not cartridge, and they're one of the few still available as such. I plan to drill them for a greaseport (with grub screw) before building them up, and I'll hopefully not have to dismantle them all winter. I'd like late-70s Record, but that's a chore in and of itself!

·
I am the owl
1,908 Posts
SDizzle said:
Thanks guys. I got it taken care of via DT Swiss' website. It took a bit for me to get it from German to English, but it's a pretty handy site, for sure.
For future ref., they've got it in English, you just need to navigate through from the home page.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
riderx said:
For future ref., they've got it in English, you just need to navigate through from the home page.
And accept their cookies, which was my first mistake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts