Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I want to upgrade the 04 Gemini 900 to a more DH compatible bike. I want to put an 05 marz 888 VF upfront, a 7.875 E2E w/ 2 inch stroke marz roco in back. and I want to get a E13 DRS chainguide. But I'm new to this whole building thing, and am not sure about part compatibility. especially with the guide, I don't know what size to get etc. the gemini is almost completely stock now, any help?

heres the link to the gemini info

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/cusa/model-4VG9.html

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Don't get the VF, atleast spring for the o6 VF2. The VF has no adjustments, dampening is crap SSVF, and it's tall.

The guide is pretty straight forward. If you don't have ISCG tabs, buy the e-type adapter plate. Make sure the guide covers the chainring size you plan on using. Then it's just spacing it out so it fits perfect.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm only getting the VF because its cheap, $430. other than that the only thing in my price range is the junior T, and I don't mind tall, I like my bikes raked out. plus I'm not one to adjust, I'm not picky on adjustments, I don't use the ones I have now at all.

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
Since your spending all this money do get in to DH racing you really need to pick a fork that you can tune to your weight and riding style. I'd buy a used 888 RC over a new VF if I had to to get to a price point. Double check the HT angle you'll end up with if you're going to run the 200 mm version with the taller crowns from 05.

·
Registered
203 Posts
They're right about the old 888 VF. Do a search on the word "spiking". My Junior T with the HSCV cart. upgrade is superior to the stock ('05) VF. I have a Gemini, and the number one thing that made it feel like a DH bike is the 24" rear wheel. The Gemini is a freeride bike, so it has a higher bb and steeper headtube angle than a real DH bike. The little back wheel greatly improves on these two negative (for DH) characteristics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.