Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do?

I ordered a Monocog 29er and it's in today - LBS is ready to assemble it. Saw the Karate Monkey Frame/Fork in Black at my LBS yesterday and really liked it. They told me they would take off the Redline components and put them on the Surly KM for only $100 more.

Given the option for "geared" later, etc... - I think it's a no brainer IF everything fits and I don't need to "buy" anything else.

Any advice/comments?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Under The Gun" for Time . . .

Not trying to be impatient, but need to "act" on this deal that my LBS offered up today since the "upgrade price" is so low.

Just need some input from people who have ridden on both framesets and can give pro's/con's etc... Looking for guidance, advice, etc . . . Anything - thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caffeine Powered said:
Keep the Redline but trade your RC51 for my SV650.
Caffeine Powered -

I love the Suzuki SV650 and have ridden a couple of them - it's an awesome bike! :thumbsup: Something to be said about it's 650cc V-twin - it's strong and so is it's massive frame.

My RC is nice - the 998cc V-twin is strong as well, but I honestly had "more fun" on my 600cc bikes of the past. If only Honda made a 600cc class V-twin on a Sport Bike - I'd buy one in a second!

Now, an update on the 29er. I think I've decided to have the Monocog parts built up on the Surly KM frame and pay the extra $100. More than the idea of being able to go "geared later" is that I like the Surly frame better with the design and prefer Black over Brown Drab - purely a personal preference. Will let my LBS know tomorrow. Thanks!

·
EXORCIZE
2,242 Posts
I hear ya. Looks aren't my #1 priority, but I would never own a bike that looks like the '07 MC. I think almost every SS 29er on the market is just plain hot, but not that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.