Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need the 411 on the best pair of Knee/Shin Guards. I want to get something that is geared toward Freeriding and Downhill. I have a 2 year old pair of sixsixone (not sure of the model name) guards that wrap completely around the lower leg. Looking for guards that are similar! Sixsixone has changed their style of pads and they do not look like they will last.

I am not worry about weight or if the pads are hot during the summer. Just need something that is not going to come off or fall apart on the first crash and does not slide down your leg as you ride.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just bought some fox racing 911's, i tried these and their north shores, the north shores are a pta to get on compared to the 911's and they dont flex as well. the 911's are only $10 more and they breathe well/protect well/are comfortable and simple to take off and on. just my .02c

·
Registered
425 Posts
Fo sho.

Race face is good for what your looking for. If you can't find it by that name they are also the same as Roach.

J-mizzle

·
Registered
649 Posts
dieselbikes said:
Need the 411 on the best pair of Knee/Shin Guards.
Can't believe Dainese hasn't been mentioned yet!
Check out their range of knee/shin guards at www.dainese.com
They have about 4 different ones to chose from.
Just don't buy any older ones, the webbing material is crap and they don't stay in place very well. The product reviews on this site aren't accurate for these products because they don't take into account the many models and years. Try the Knee Guard Freestyle 05.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Roach Pads

Roach pads do stay in place; however, I find that after a few hours they start to hurt the back of my leg. Also, they are a bit heavy and can be hard to pedal in; I usually only use mine on the crazier trails. When I race, I use the basic Fox pads with some knee warmers. They tend to stay in place, and are easy to pedal in.

One of my friends got the new Troy Lee pads, and they seem to really stay in place and are very comfortable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.