Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a long weekend in LA (from NYC metro area-it's a haul). The conference is at USC (yea, I know already shudyup!) The conference ends on Sunday. My plan is to rent a convertible and drive to some awesome left coast beach to sip drinks and chill. I want something romantic (going with the girlfriend), something with AWESOME restaurants (used to the NYC cuisine, can the left coast match it-BIG SEAFOOD LOVERS?). Just a good, R-E-L-A-X-E-D!!! Pace, away from the LA bustle, driving distance within 5 hours on the coast (would love to drive the PCH (NY Driver I can handle your freeways). Give me someplace epic, someplace great. $$$ is no problem, I want to take the GF someplace great but not ridiculous. Spare your sarcasm please. The sweet coast is the east coast. Thanks fellas, when you get to this side of the states, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with some sweet breaks and fast singletrack. Loaning a singletrack flyer or board:thumbsup: is no problem, as well as a pad to crash at.

·
Don't be a sheep
3,414 Posts
toothpuller said:
I'm taking a long weekend in LA (from NYC metro area-it's a haul). The conference is at USC (yea, I know already shudyup!) The conference ends on Sunday. My plan is to rent a convertible and drive to some awesome left coast beach to sip drinks and chill. I want something romantic (going with the girlfriend), something with AWESOME restaurants (used to the NYC cuisine, can the left coast match it-BIG SEAFOOD LOVERS?). Just a good, R-E-L-A-X-E-D!!! Pace, away from the LA bustle, driving distance within 5 hours on the coast (would love to drive the PCH (NY Driver I can handle your freeways). Give me someplace epic, someplace great. $$$ is no problem, I want to take the GF someplace great but not ridiculous. Spare your sarcasm please. The sweet coast is the east coast. Thanks fellas, when you get to this side of the states, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with some sweet breaks and fast singletrack. Loaning a singletrack flyer or board:thumbsup: is no problem, as well as a pad to crash at.
You could start by taking the Las Virgenes hwy off the 101 to Malibu (beautiful drive), then either head north towards Oxnard and back down to malibu. Many well known restaurants along the coast. Or, eschew that and take the 101 to Santa Barbara for a really nice drive to a cool town with great restaurants. Or......head to my neck of the woods, Laguna Beach, the coolest beach city in So Cal, an hour and a half south of LA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.