Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short(okay, so a little long) story: I start riding again in June after a 12 year layoff. Really happy to be back. Well 12 yrs ago it was all about going DH fast, so before I bought my bike, I took a really hard look at what I wanted to buy as one bike doesn't really do all anymore. I find out the the Amatuer Cup and Snow Summit is no more, so I buy a SJ FSR(just like the 10,000 other guys on the trail). To this point I have been loving it! Marriage and kids have really raised my pain threshold;) - so I even enjoy climbing now! Well this weekend- I did my first XC race at Southridge and had a total blast(as in fun- not the wind)- except for freezing my arse off. I really really enjoyed it- I'm one of those "competative guys". So I go back Sunday with my little boys to check out the DH race- holy moly that looked like a good time. Ever since, it's been visions of DH dancing in my head. So last night I'm snooping through E-bay and come across a Iron Horse 7 point 5. I do a little research and end up bidding on it- I wake up this morning and I won the auction! Holy Crap- I'll be going DH Fast sooner than I thought!:eek: So here is the point of all this- will the 7 point 5 be a good bike raceing down Southridge? What other races a within 6 or so hours that I can utalize this bike at? Is there a DH calender someplace? WooHoo- I'm glad I can call myseld a downhiller again!

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
For sure that bike will be great. A lot of guys race them as-is, and some put 200mm (Marz 888, Fox 40 or RS Boxxer) dual-crown forks on them to slacken the head angle a bit.

Enjoy!

JMH

Khemical said:
Welcome back. IH 7.'s are very well regarded bikes, enjoy and post pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.