Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All
I'm new to MTBR and relatively new to the sport and am looking for some advice.
I started biking last year, bought a bit of a beater to see if the sport is for me and now I'm hooked. I'm now looking to get a better bike and have two second hand options, both bikes are off friends of mine. I'm not sure which would be by best option. I live in Ontario Canada and ride mainly single track with lots of climbs and smooth terrain. The first bike is a 2011 Trek Superfly Elite 17.5 ridden for 2 years with the following specs:

Fox RLC Fork, Bontrager XLWheelset, Sram XO shifters, Sram X7 Rear derailleur, Shimano XT Front Derailleur and XT Crank. Avid Juicy Ultimate brakes, FSA K-Force Carbon bar and Conti Mountain King 2.2 tires.

The second bike is a stock 2013 Davinci Atlas XP is near perfect condition:

FRAME ALUMINUM OPTIMUM G04
FORK ROCKSHOX REBA RL 29 SOLO AIR 100MM
REAR SHOCK ROCK SHOX MONARCH RL
RIMS JALCO XCD22
FRONT HUB FORMULA DISC SEALED 15MM THRU AXLE
REAR HUB FORMULA DISC SEALED 12X142MM THRU AXLE
TIRES SCHWALBE RACING RALPH 29X2.25
BRAKES AVID ELIXIR 3
DERAILLEURS and Shifters SRAM X.7
CRANKSETSRAM S1000 36/22T

Which do you think would be my better option and why? or am I better off to explore the new bike market?

·
Registered
316 Posts
If friends are selling them, you should be able to try both out on your favorite local trail. You would be able to reach a much better decision by riding them both and deciding which one you liked then advice you could get from here. Unless you did try them both and can't decide and now are looking for input.

The only other thing I would do is check the Trek and Davinci forums to see if any reliability issue with either bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts