Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bent my Manitou Axel yesterday beyond repair and I need a new fork. The bike is an 04 Cdale Jekyll with Fox Float rear suspension. The frame is adjustable geo. so it's very versatile. I need a shock that will do it all except the most extreme drops. Most riding is XC, maybe 20 percent downhill, but the downhill is pretty serious in Utah. I also would like a lockout for climbing, and weight is not a huge issue, (4lbs is fine). I weigh about 180lbs. I'm running Avid Disk brakes which I highly recommend. Probably no less than 100mm of travel. I've been looking at the Marzocchi Marathon SL, but I worry it won't handle the downhill, also the Fox TALOS.

·
bang
1,290 Posts
the talas would be good. as would a manitou black or minute (you can look at the 05 lineup at jensonusa. the reba also looks like a good fit (air sprung, 85, 100, 115mm options). you can read a little about that here. you just have to decide on how much you want to spend. im sure you could pick up an 03 or 04 fork on closeout, or off of ebay for cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts