1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Rocking on a Rocky
1,658 Posts
Those will not fit. You will need 177 mm hub and a 150 mm front hub probably have to go custom or find a used set.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Was thinking of doing this exact thing before i got my Stache. Speedgearbike has some good options for this type of wheelset: https://www.speedgearbike.com/439403462

Also check with your LBS, mine builds wheels for about the same rate. You could look for deals on hubsets and rims on pinkbike/ebay and have your LBS build it up to keep things cheaper.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
If I'm using Durocs and the front hub fits will it still need to be replaced?
Is it ok to run different brands ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Focus.

In order to run a 29" tires on a fat bike, you will need a completely different wheel set including hubs unless you change the fork to boost/non boost.

Look on Pinkbike, buy some used wheels, and go ride.

Alternatively you could get a midfat 27.5 wheelset (40-50mm rim width) which would allow for 27.5 x 3" to 27.5 x 3.8, which would be a little more versatile than 29 x 3, also your BB wouldn't be sky high.

Read through the Wozo thread in the fat bike forum, all this has been discussed ad nauseum.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Focus.

In order to run a 29" tires on a fat bike, you will need a completely different wheel set including hubs unless you change the fork to boost/non boost.

Look on Pinkbike, buy some used wheels, and go ride.

Alternatively you could get a midfat 27.5 wheelset (40-50mm rim width) which would allow for 27.5 x 3" to 27.5 x 3.8, which would be a little more versatile than 29 x 3, also your BB wouldn't be sky high.

Read through the Wozo thread in the fat bike forum, all this has been discussed ad nauseum.
Yeah I'm between 27.5 &'29 -,27.5 is easier to find in 177 x 12 as well and wouldn't require wheel building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.