Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all,

lookin to get a frame + possible fork, upgrade...

frames i'm lookin at;

Sinister Gruitr:
have been likin it the moment i saw it, just didn't have the money to get it, just looks so simple clean and burly...

Marin Quad Trail:
quite like it, but not avail as a frame only, and also diff to get where i am (Singapore).

Intense Tracer VP:
just something bout owning / riding an Intense, very costly though.

Transition BottleRocket:
lbs just received a shipment of Transition frames look sweet never had a chance to try it though. not cheap considering made in taiwan.

i want something that's slightly more unique, rides ok up and better down, and also not too diff to maintain, (currently have a 140mm 55R, would like to use it then later on change to something better.)

forks, i'm lookin to get all have similar features, lookin for something with adjustable travel, would like to use 140mm now, then if needed later on 160mm or something.

Marz 66 ATA

Lyrik IS Coil U Turn
Diff btwn these both, besides coil and air?
Lyrik DFR U Turn

and also does anyone know the intervals at which all above mentioned forks are?
Eg: Fox Talas 36, 160mm - 130mm - 100mm.

only see these couple that have the options i wanted.

P.S. this is my First FS bike / frame, been riding for about 1yr+, she weighs in at about 15.5kg, currently riding this if it helps:

thanks very much for reading, and help if you can pls, very much needed

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a Lyrik coil u-turn. you can set the travel to any height you like. 1 turn of the dial makes about 1.5cm of adjustment. The scale on the side is also really helpful for setting the height.

ATA is similar in that you can select any height (I think, but I might be wrong). ATA has been having problems in 2007 and 2008. The word is that it is fixed for 2009. only time will tell. If you are buying from a shop there in singapore then it is not so much a worry, just keep hold of that 55r as a backup (just incase).

As with frames, don't get something unavailable there in case of warranty. Anything with 140-160mm travel will be great some bikes pedal better, some bikes are smoother DH, but they are all good bikes. Some people ride 40lb mini DH bikes on trails and up hills fine (they just have to work harder).

It all depends on the trails there. Do you have any big DH runs? is it all XC style trails?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
axolotl:

don't have canfield here...

TheDon:

is the lyrik coil u turn fuss free/ easy to use?

ATA seems like a miss by the way you put it,

slightly more xc ish stuff here, slightly more downs then ups, but almost equal...

·
Snapper
489 Posts
I know they have a good supply of Santa Cruz into Singapore and KL. Might be worth tracking down the Asian importer (Paul) of Maverick and Rolhoff through your local. he lives in KL and rides in Singapore alot. I only found light and short XC / trails in Singa but doesnt mean there isnt more there. Also look second hand as there was a few top end rigs for sale 6 months ago. It is Always wet .......... thats were the Rolhoff would be cool. Depending on your size look into the Mavericks as well. Paul imports them and builds them up locally. He often sells his demos / personal rides too.
Good luck
JD

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnd663;

not exactly a fan of ? SC or Maverick...

rolhoff, def interesting, but too ex to start...

thanks though...

luigiugueto;

that's what i was thinkin too, but my mech (at the same lbs), was recommending it, i might be able to test the Gruitr and the BR, hopefully it all works out. will update.

i don't know why buy i seem to be leaning more to the Gruitr, then the BR, something about how it looks maybe, since i've officially not ridden ANY FS bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.