Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I am looking for an external BB crankset with 165mm cranks. I'd like to try to keep the price under $200 and as light as possible for the price range. Thanks

JJ

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
You may have already done this, but I'd also ask in the DH/FR forum, as this size is more common on those bikes. That said, I use 170's on my Nomad for AM/trail riding, so I too appreciate shorter cranks. Aren't there still closeouts on Saint 165's at a few places? You probably won't find much in the way of lighter 165's for AM riding, as I think that size almost totally falls into hardcore DH/FR. 170's are usually the small end of AM/trail cranks. JJ, did you do a Google or other search for 165 cranks? Maybe there are some decently light ones for very small people on small bikes. I'd almost bet they'd be quite special and possibly quite pricey.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Ouch...I wonder why the 165's don't have rings at that price? The specs don't really clarify whether the 950g weight is with rings or without. That would be a good weight with rings.

·
Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man... I did not realize the XTs came in 165s. I think I'm going to go with thoes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.