Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not Smart Enough to Quit
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOHOO! I just got my new HH100! I'm gonna take it out for a maiden voyage/shakedown cruise this weekend and wanted to get some ideas on tuning the suspension. The Fox manual says that I should run about 70 psi in my rlt100 fork. This gives me about 12mm of sag. The shock manual doesn't give pressure roccomendations, but I put in 100 psi and this yields 10mm of sag. I weigh in at 155, maybe 162 with a full camelback and a little mud on my jersey. Do these figures sound about right? Got any tips for adjusting any of the other settings such as rebound? Any advice would certainly save me some trial and error time on the trail and make the dial in process quicker and much less painful.

BTW, I'll be doing some racing on this bike and most of the trils I ride are typical southeastern singletrack. Tight and twisty with lots of roots and rocks.

Thanks
Ed

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Whooo-hooo...

Welcome to the party! I run a bit more sag (about 5/8's of an inch....like the cushier feeling). Rebound was about 6 clicks in but I just backed it out 2 clicks. Charles is right on the money (naturally).

I weigh about the same as you. With a Camelback, probably around 165. I had an old float R so I don't know if my pressure setting will help but it was around 85-87 PSI.

HAVE FUN! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.