Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enthusiast
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm temporarily stymied in my build of a Rockhopper 29er. Can anyone with that bike confirm that there is a plastic guide for derailler cables bolted onto the bottom of the bottom bracket? I bought my frame on eBay from someone who once had it set up as a single-speed. I don't seem to have that plastic guide.

Does anyone know what that part is called?

I have a 26er Rockhopper frame, in a size small. Is the guide the same on that bike as on the 29er? Should I just be able to move the part over? I ultimately need another one, but moving the part would get me past my current dilemma.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The same piece was missing as well on a singlespeed converted stumpjumper frame I got. I called my local spesh dealer. $2 later problem was solved. To bad the local spesh dealer is 20 miles away, so I went for a long road ride to pick it up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
bikefoolery said:
The same piece was missing as well on a singlespeed converted stumpjumper frame I got. I called my local spesh dealer. $2 later problem was solved. To bad the local spesh dealer is 20 miles away, so I went for a long road ride to pick it up.
if it was a 29'er they ship with top pull FD and RD cable is routed down the the rear seat stay. Not missing just that it was never there. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.