Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever ridden the Raggeds Trail from Mclure Pass down towards Paonia State Park? Thinking of doing it this weekend on my way to Paonia. Was going to have a friend drop me off at Mclure Pass.

I read somewhere that the trail is 25 miles and 4 hours of riding. Can anybody vouch for this? Are there any bail out points to make a shorter ride? I also read the trail is hard to follow. That true?

I would like to ride it but don't want it to turn into some epic (in a bad way) adventure. Especially since I will be riding solo.

Any beta is much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well it been a year or two. it a great trail lot's of fun. Yes it is all of 4+ hours to ride. The trail does have some choices. I would have a map. If it your first time.But most of the turn are not mark but show that bikes have travel down them. No bail out that I know of.
Riding it alone Hope you are a good rider and know trails. Bring supplies.
I would say you shouyld be with some one. You can get in trouble up there.
You could try getting there early and see if you can join a group or at least follow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's been awhile, but I remember it being more than 4 hours. I do remember quite a few turns where it would be easy to get lost. I also remember much of the downhill being on a 4x4 road, which is why I haven't done it since, nor will I do it again (but it was a trail worth doing once, IMO)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.