Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure it's time to upgrade the RST gila plus that came stock on my GT Avalanche 2, and was set to buy a Rock Shox Tora 302 at the right price, but saw it did not have the mounting boss for V brakes. Any ideas on a decent shock for all mountain (no great drops or freeride).????? Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Magura Asgard

I would suggest the Magura Asgard.....not as well known as the BIG companies, but check out the reviews AWESOME. It comes with V-brake bosses and is disk compatible. You can get a brand new one E-Bay (with a pump) $199. I believe tha retail for 400 +. I have one and it is durable as heck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Fox Vanilla/STRATOS ID for sale

ripper1 said:
I figure it's time to upgrade the RST gila plus that came stock on my GT Avalanche 2, and was set to buy a Rock Shox Tora 302 at the right price, but saw it did not have the mounting boss for V brakes. Any ideas on a decent shock for all mountain (no great drops or freeride).????? Thanks
I am seeling a 2004 Fox Vanilla with V-brake posts, adjustable 80-125 mm with a standard RL cartridge or a STRATOS ID cartridge. Drop me an e-mail if interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.