Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need parts who's got em?

1K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  WaitWienie 
#1 ·
Putting together a bike and am in need of some parts. If you have anything from the list please pm me.

SRAM red rear derailleur
SRAM red cassette 11-28
EC90 low rise overside bars
EC90 seat post 27.2
70mm stem
Selle Italia seat or fizik anything around or under 190g...

Thanks guys

Chris

#3 ·
I am still buying pieces... As soon as I get it together I will share, I don't want to curse it. lol It will be Carbon it will be 29er and it will be a hardtail and it will fly!!! lol I think I just found the cassette today. Got a good deal on an 11-26 so I guess my legs will have to hate me. After rocking 32/20 on the SS for the past 7 months 34/26 should be easy. ;)

Chris

#5 ·
It's like the skunkworks over there. Is it going to be painted with radar absorbing paint and have no 90 degree angles? Just for info, the trailhead swap meet is coming up and there is a guy who sells a bunch of sram red stuff. I bought an 11-25 red cassette from him for $70. They are light and strong.

#6 ·
pmarshall said:
Chris,

What you putting together? I will look in the garage and check to see if I have any. If your going with 11/28 and climb like you do, I can only imagine.

Paul
Alright most the stuff is ordered and in transit so I can spill the beans. Heres the build. Shooting for around 22lbs

Frame...2011 Trek Superfly Elite
Fork... Fox F29 RLC G2 100mm
Wheels... Bontrager Scandium RXL
Shifter... Sram XX
Cassette... Sram Red 11/26
Rear Derailleur... Sram Red
Crank... S900 GXP crank with single 34 tooth ring
Bars... EC90 Low rise
Stem... EA90 70mm
Seat Post... EC90
Seat... Fizik Antares

Still need brakes and tires. So if anyone has some nice XC 29er tires they are willing to part with please let me know.

Chris

#7 ·
WaitWienie said:
Alright most the stuff is ordered and in transit so I can spill the beans. Heres the build. Shooting for around 22lbs

Frame...2011 Trek Superfly Elite
Fork... Fox F29 RLC G2 100mm
Wheels... Bontrager Scandium RXL
Shifter... Sram XX
Rear Derailleur... Sram Red
Bars... EC90 Low rise
Stem... EA90 70mm
Seat Post... EC90
Seat... Fizik Antares

Still need brakes and tires. So if anyone has some nice XC 29er tires they are willing to part with please let me know.

Chris
I've got some bontrager tires to match those wheels. One pair of DryX in 1.8 and a pair of the 29-3 in 2.0. They're pretty skinny, but setup tubeless super easy. Let me know if you want them. I was gonna throw them up on fleabay soon anyway.

Alex

#9 ·
WaitWienie said:
Thanks to Alex tires are taken care of. Now if I could only find a good deal on some nice brakes without spending $500... Wheres FC at? You should hit Formula up for some new brakes to test out on that hardtail of yours so you can sell me those pretty R1 brakes you have. ;)

Chris
Formula RX brakes from that large auction site. cheap, and very good brakes. Light too, but i know you don't care about weight...

#10 ·
Sounds really sweet. I ran a 9 speed set-up for a while and really liked it. One thing you may need to figure out is keeping your chain on the front ring. I tried running it myself without any kind of chain guide/keeper at first and kept having problems dropping my chain. I ended up using a bash guard and a small chain guide on the inside, called a Third Eye something or other. You may be in luck due to the small gear ratio in the back. Your chain should be tighter. Your chainring should be pretty well center with your cassette, too. I have those chain guides still, if you end up needing them. A fixed front derailleur would work too, although kinda defeating the purpose.

#11 ·
K-max said:
Sounds really sweet. I ran a 9 speed set-up for a while and really liked it. One thing you may need to figure out is keeping your chain on the front ring. I tried running it myself without any kind of chain guide/keeper at first and kept having problems dropping my chain. I ended up using a bash guard and a small chain guide on the inside, called a Third Eye something or other. You may be in luck due to the small gear ratio in the back. Your chain should be tighter. Your chainring should be pretty well center with your cassette, too. I have those chain guides still, if you end up needing them. A fixed front derailleur would work too, although kinda defeating the purpose.
Doesn't MRP make an XC chainguide for 1x9 racers?

#13 ·
Yeah the plan is to try and keep the chain as tight as possible to avoid having to run anything up front. If not Ill have problems finding something because I believe its a direct mount front derailleur.

Chris

K-max said:

#14 ·
WaitWienie said:
Yeah the plan is to try and keep the chain as tight as possible to avoid having to run anything up front. If not Ill have problems finding something because I believe its a direct mount front derailleur.

Chris
I think the first thing Kyle said to me when we first met 5 years ago was, "hey does your chain drop at all since you're not running a guide"? He was pointing at my new 1x9 setup. Little did I know, he put a mad hex from hell on it, and within days, it would fall off a dozen times a ride.

I'll get you K-max!

#15 ·
Great so what your telling me is I am already cursed... Thanks Kyle I appreciate it!!!

Chris

rensho said:
I think the first thing Kyle said to me when we first met 5 years ago was, "hey does your chain drop at all since you're not running a guide"? He was pointing at my new 1x9 setup. Little did I know, he put a mad hex from hell on it, and within days, it would fall off a dozen times a ride.

I'll get you K-max!

#17 ·
WaitWienie said:

Chris
[Raises hand]
Maybe I missed something - your low gear (on a 29er, no less) is going to be a 34/26? My, what strong legs you must have!

#19 ·
ZipZip said:
[Raises hand]
Maybe I missed something - your low gear (on a 29er, no less) is going to be a 34/26? My, what strong legs you must have!
No mistake there. Ive been riding a 29er single speed for the past 6 months with a 32/20. Got to a point where I can sit and pedal most climbs on it so I figure a 34/26 should work out. That way I have no option to go slow. ;)

Chris

#21 ·
K-max said:

Jump Stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.