Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Close to Birmingham

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im looking for a new bike (Street Bike) i just cant find one with a range of 100-200 pound Only need a standard one any suggestions, iv been looking on the inter for 3 day solid and cant find any HELP :madman:

TommyLee-Street Rider: thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Without a doubt I'd say you should go with a Slingshot FarmBoy 29er and for 2011 I think you can also get it in green in addition to the standard glossy black. I'm not positive of its range but if you have at least a 70oz hydration pack you should be able to hit 200 without much trouble. The downtube is made of steel cable so you'd have to mount a bottle cage to your stem but if you jump up to a 100 oz hydration pack I think you could extend the range up over 250 without having to do so.

Larry

·
not really an mtbr member
640 Posts
Larry_K said:
Without a doubt I'd say you should go with a Slingshot FarmBoy 29er and for 2011 I think you can also get it in green in addition to the standard glossy black. I'm not positive of its range but if you have at least a 70oz hydration pack you should be able to hit 200 without much trouble. The downtube is made of steel cable so you'd have to mount a bottle cage to your stem but if you jump up to a 100 oz hydration pack I think you could extend the range up over 250 without having to do so.

Larry
Awesome...unintelligible response to an unintelligible question.

Anyways, look at used bikes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
theextremist04 said:
Awesome...unintelligible response to an unintelligible question.

Anyways, look at used bikes.
The answer did seem to fit the question. :)

I'm most confused by the 100-200 pound "range" unless Tommy is wanting to carry stuff around. If cargo is a concern a Surly Big Dummy would fit the bill pretty much, I think it can carry 200 or so pounds on the rear rack.

Larry

·
Registered
206 Posts
theextremist04 said:
I'm assuming he's in the UK and that's his budget.
*smacks self on forehead*, when I saw "Birmingham" in the poll the OP created I was thinking Alabama instead of the other Birmingham... The OP kind of makes sense now, and agree that a used bike would be the best route to go. I still think a Slingshot bike would be cool just due to the steel cable as a downtube but I would guess it's about 5-7x the budget.

Larry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.